Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which young/mid-career pitchers make the HoF? *poll*

Who will be Hall of Fame material? (in no particular order)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Did this with hitters so why not pictchers. Here's the disclaimer again :lol:

**disclaimer** this list is in no way perfect. I tried to choose players who've played at least 2 seasons in the pros (so no prospects) and still have several more years to play and prove their HoF worth. I tried to avoid picking guys close to the end of their careers who are either locks or on the fence.

Here's some more I might have included for fun if I could have made the poll larger:

Daisuke Matsuzaka
Jon Lester
Jonathan Papelbon
Chien-Ming ****
Joba Chamberlain
David Price
Cliff Lee
Francisco Rodriguez
Edinson Volquez
Dan Haren
Adam Wainwright

Once again, some of these have a long ways to go and some are long shots, but I want to hear some opinions and see some discussion just for fun. If you want to voice your opinion on one of the poll guys, extra guys, or someone else I forgot, feel free to do so. Who'd I miss?

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
trevordchi said:
Roy Oswalt has a better chance than most of the guys on your list.

I love the guy and think he definately has a good shot at making it. For some reason, when making the list, I was thinking he was older than most of the others I was including and closer to the end of his career. Gonna put him on as I agree with you totally

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
MOFNY said:
I see only Oswalt and Santana so far having a chance, but it's way too early to tell with any of them.

I agree. It is way to early, but it's fun to speculate :p

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
WOW, so the highest paid pitcher ever in the MLB didn't even make the list? I mean, I don't go around saying Sabathia is going to be in the HOF, but it seems like he has a better shot than a lot of the guys you did list.

it's way too early to tell with any of them.

I would agree with that...

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
bah...I knew I was missing some guys

definately should have included Sabathia and Halladay

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Sabathia currently has the best chance of any due to his age and current career stats. Of course, that assumes he doesn't implode in New York - which I think he will.

He is probably the only one with a chance (albeit an insane chance) at 300 wins and 3000 Ks on that list.

Members online

Latest posts