Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Bowman Draft Auto Checklist Prices: Tony Sanchez Base

Tony Sanchez BCDP Auto

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Bowman draft comes out in about 20 days - lets poll the at release price on one base chrome auto per day. Checklist below, I'll keep it updated with what the majority rules.

BDPP76 Tony Sanchez

BDPP77 Eric Arnett
BDPP78 Tim Wheeler
BDPP79 Matt Hobgood
BDPP80 Matt Bashore
BDPP81 Randal Grichuk
BDPP82 A.J. *******
BDPP83 Reymond Fuentes
BDPP84 Jiovanni Mier
BDPP85 Chad Jenkins
BDPP86 Zack Wheeler
BDPP87 Mike Minor
BDPP88 Jared Mitchell
BDPP89 Mike Trout
BDPP90 Alex White
BDPP91 Bobby Borchering
BDPP92 Chad James
BDPP93 Tyler Matzek
BDPP94 Max Stassi
BDPP95 Drew Storen
BDPP96 Brad Boxberger
BDPP97 Mike Leake

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Re: 2009 Bowman Draft Auto Checklist Prices: Tony Sanchez

I said $40 because I think that will be the high price on release

He seems pretty solid, and might play this year, so, It could be even more down the road

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
Re: 2009 Bowman Draft Auto Checklist Prices: Tony Sanchez

At release or when everything settles?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
$40 first week sounds about right, $20 come spring training.

The problem with base autos post 2007, is that there are a ton of them out there.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
More than $10 for "the biggest overdraft" in the draft? At least that is what everyone was spouting on draft day, and there after. Looks like some people must be changing their tune a bit.

skrip

Wes

OG
Administrator
Jaypers said:
Option A.

What organization does he play for?

Case rested.

$10 seems low for a first round prospect from any organization at release date. Even the Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel were selling slightly higher than that at release. Sanchez is a far superior prospect to that pair.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Guarantee they will be more than $10. Take Posey -- a comparable card in terms of draft pick # selection and professional debut.

Pittsburgh isn't an entirely barren market -- collectors have been known to shell out money for the likes of McCutchen and Alvarez.

Although Sanchez was considered a pretty drastic overdraft, I'd still expect these guys to command much more than $10. You can't tell me that the prospecting bubbles has burst to that degree.

I imagine Sanchez chromes will debut around $25-30.

I'd also imagine that Trout, Wheeler, Matzek and Hobgood will all debut over $20, and $15+ for James, White, Minor, Leake, Grichuk and *******. This isn't a bad checklist.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sanchez improved his stock pretty dramatically, but I mean.. What kind of value does Ryan Doumit have if he were an All-Star Quality defensive catcher?

There's pretty much know way that you can make money off this card if you buy it in the first month.

With Wheeler and Maztek, you can pay early money and still think of quite a few situations where you make money.

I didn't think Tony Sanchez was an overdraft out of the box...
..but then the Contract came to light, and it was just a weird moment of WTF?

I hate catchers because so much of the "hidden-hype" is tied up in their defense. Defense almost never means card value.

Wes

OG
Administrator
TelePlayer22 said:
Guarantee they will be more than $10. Take Posey -- a comparable card in terms of draft pick # selection and professional debut.

Pittsburgh isn't an entirely barren market -- collectors have been known to shell out money for the likes of McCutchen and Alvarez.

Although Sanchez was considered a pretty drastic overdraft, I'd still expect these guys to command much more than $10. You can't tell me that the prospecting bubbles has burst to that degree.

I'd also imagine that Trout, Wheeler, Matzek and Hobgood will all debut over $20, and $15+ for James, White, Minor, Leake, Grichuk and *******. This isn't a bad checklist.

I think he's a good prospect but despite his draft pick and debut he doesn't have the status of a Posey, who came out of college with a great deal of hype and had a number of other factors in his favor at release (better market, golden spikes) I voted $30.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
TelePlayer22 said:

I think he's a good prospect but despite his draft pick and debut he doesn't have the status of a Posey, who came out of college with a great deal of hype and had a number of other factors in his favor at release (better market, golden spikes) I voted $30.

True, true, I think Poseys were around $40 when released.. so this seems like an able point

Wes

OG
Administrator
TelePlayer22 said:
LLWesMan said:
TelePlayer22 said:

True, true, I think Poseys were around $40 when released.. so this seems like an able point

Higher actually - the first week base chromes approached $60.

Members online

Latest posts