Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SEC Championship...Who you got?

SEC Champion?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Easy question. It's basically a national semifinal. Assuming Texas wins, the SEC champ will play the Longhorns for the title Jan 7th.

So who you got?

Personally, I think Florida wins a close, very low scoring game. But it definitely could go either way.

And BTW, don't make this thread about arguing whose conference is better, etc. Just pick the winner, and if you wish, explain why.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
tenclubber said:
I took Florida. I think that Alabama is still down from their performance against Auburn. Florida is just hot right now.

Down? We beat Auburn at home and they had two weeks to prepare. Bama has beat better teams and by a bigger margin. Bama wins by 10.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I hate Tim Tebow, but love the Gators speed..

Because I hate Tebow, I'll take the Tide.

I'll see if I can find a Florida autograph in my collection and I'll bet it on Alabama. If there are any takers, let me know, but you gotta come back with something aroudn the same awesomeness..

If I pick Derrick Harvey, you pick..Corneillius Griffin.

I send you a Chris Leak, I expect a Brody Croyle!

I'll see what I can find from this year other than Harvin because that trade will result in me getting yet another damn glen coffee card.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I just really really really hope Bama wins. I couldn't stand another Florida National Title. The bandwagon is already bad enough where I live.

They remind me of Red Sox fans, only worse...

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
cowboysrule48 said:
I just really really really hope Bama wins. I couldn't stand another Florida National Title. The bandwagon is already bad enough where I live.

Cough* Kind of like the cowboys huh Cough**

:lol: Just playin man.

Even though i agree i thikn that most of the bandwagon people will fall off once Tebow is gone.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
cowboysrule48 said:

The Tide is officially back on the map and we have the best coach in the nation. Back to back 12-0 starts in 3 years and the top recruiting classes 2 years in a row. I can see atleast 3 more NT's in the not so distant future.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
tide12champrings said:
cowboysrule48 said:

The Tide is officially back on the map and we have the best coach in the nation. Back to back 12-0 starts in 3 years and the top recruiting classes 2 years in a row. I can see atleast 3 more NT's in the not so distant future.

As long as it isn't Florida (or Kansas, but who am I kidding!) I don't care who wins the NT, unless MIssouri has ever has a run like 2007 again.

I talk to Florida fans everyday who don't know who Chris Leak or Ron Zook are...

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I would love to see Alabama win it cause I don't like Florida either. The one player who must play above and beyond is McElroy. You know Florida is gonna force him to beat them, they are gonna crowd the line and try to stop Ingram. Carlos Dunlap is out so that will help. Tebow is a great player who motivates his team and they have a pretty good offense so it should be a great game.

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
tide12champrings said:
tenclubber said:
I took Florida. I think that Alabama is still down from their performance against Auburn. Florida is just hot right now.

Down? We beat Auburn at home and they had two weeks to prepare. Bama has beat better teams and by a bigger margin. Bama wins by 10.

Florida and Alabama have both played FIU, which I know, is a sorry school to play. But for it being a powderpuff team, Alabama beat them 40-14 while Florida beat them 62-3. The only other "Better" team that Alabama has played is VT which Alabama beat the 1st week of the season.

Alabama beat LSU 24-15 while Florida beat them 13-3. So I would think your better margin theory is absolutely off. They are actually pretty even if you look at all of their scores.

Alabama Schedule

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/schedules/team/2009/alabama-crimson-tide/

Florida Schedule

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/schedules/team/2009/florida-gators/

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
halldogg said:
tide12champrings said:
tenclubber said:

Florida and Alabama have both played FIU, which I know, is a sorry school to play. But for it being a powderpuff team, Alabama beat them 40-14 while Florida beat them 62-3. The only other "Better" team that Alabama has played is VT which Alabama beat the 1st week of the season.

Alabama beat LSU 24-15 while Florida beat them 13-3. So I would think your better margin theory is absolutely off. They are actually pretty even if you look at all of their scores.

Alabama Schedule

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/schedules/team/2009/alabama-crimson-tide/

Florida Schedule

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/schedules/team/2009/florida-gators/

Pretty sure he was talking about Arkansa, South Carolina and Mississippi St.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
kdailey4315 said:
Why so much hate for Tebow? Just because he plays for Florida or do you not like him personally?

I dislike Tebow for two reasons.

1. He plays for Florida

2. How much the media rides him

I think he's a great person and a great football player. If not for reason #1 I'd probably have nothing against him.

Members online

Latest posts