Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Placido Polanco - Phillies 3B?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
MLB.com is reporting that the Phillies and Polanco are close to a 3-year deal. He would play 3rd, which he hasn't done on a regular basis since 2002. He's been a very good 2B for the Tigers. But at 35 and not having played 3B for 7 years, is this a reasonable transition for the Phillies to expect success?

Alex

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I am confused as why a team such as the Phillies would "settle" on Polanco when they were rumored to be going after Derosa who I think would be a better option at this point than Polanco...

TK

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The one thing I can think of is that Polanco is the ideal contact hitting #2 guy in a lineup, striking out around 50 times per year compared to DeRosa with 100. If signed, does this mean that Victorino moves to leadoff and Rollins is moved down in the order?

Alex

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I was actually hoping the Orioles would think of this....but I'm sure they are going to get Pedro Feliz... :?

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
:|

I kind of like this. It's certainly risky though.

I like him more then Derosa as an everyday because Derosa is average at best defensively there. His bat might be better if you need power, which the Phillies don't.

I am thinking they will have him bat in the 2 hole, and move Victorino down but they should really move Rollins down and Victorino in to the leadoff spot.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would rather have the defense with Feliz, in case you didn't already notice, we have hitters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts