Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jiri Tlusty traded to Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
For Philippe Paradis.

Not sure what to make of the deal. I'm probably one of few that still believe he can be a very good Nhler.

On the cardboard side of things I picked up a few nice card of his in the offseason hoping for a quick flip. So did my cards just lose a ton of value (picked up some Leaf patch cards), or if he gets NHL playing time in Carolina, could they still go up?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
adamcm said:
So did my cards just lose a ton of value (picked up some Leaf patch cards), or if he gets NHL playing time in Carolina, could they still go up?

Just lost value (Sorry Adam) and collector interest.

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
Hurricanes aren't as widely collected as Leafs, but they do have a dedicated fan base, if Tlusty gets solid NHL playing time they will probably be movable.

I liked Tlusty, but had resigned myself to the fact that he doesn't fit in with the Leafs current system. I am not sure if he has what it takes to turn into a solid NHLer, but I wish him the best.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
adamcm said:
So did my cards just lose a ton of value (picked up some Leaf patch cards), or if he gets NHL playing time in Carolina, could they still go up?

Just lost value (Sorry Adam) and collector interest.

Haha no need to apologize. You win some and you lose some, but appreciate it :). I felt I got them at a good price in the off-season, so perhaps I can recoup it if he does well.

Here are the 2 pieces I like the most. I have not come across too many 2 colored The Cup patches of him.

tlusty92.jpg

tlusty60.jpg

Members online