Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves sign Takashi Saito to a 1 year 3 million dollar deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Boy old Frankie is taking all our bullpen guys lol. Maybe he can return the favor and trade us Escobar :)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
Are they gonna re-sign mike gonzalez with him saito and wagner that's a pretty strong bull pen.

No chance they resign Gonzalez.
why not? or soriano, always thought those two were pretty good.

wouldn't mind having another strong lefty in the pen with affeldt and wilson. With runzler that's a strong giants bull pen.

But I am curious, is he asking for a lot of money, injury issues, team issues?

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
Are they gonna re-sign mike gonzalez with him saito and wagner that's a pretty strong bull pen.

wouldn't mind having another strong lefty in the pen with affeldt and wilson. With runzler that's a strong giants bull pen.

The signing of Wagner and Saito means that Soriano and Gonzalez will be set up men at best. Neither of them will accept that, plus they want long term deals. Also Gonzalez has hired Boras for an agent. I doubt that he would hire him just to accept arbitration.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:

The signing of Wagner and Saito means that Soriano and Gonzalez will be set up men at best. Neither of them will accept that, plus they want long term deals. Also Gonzalez has hired Boras for an agent. I doubt that he would hire him just to accept arbitration.
Who is the closer saito or wagner? Or alternate depending on l ine up?

Like 2+ lefties coming up in 9th go wagner, if 2+ righties go to saito?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Mike GOnzalez will be hurt again in 2010. Book it, he has the worst mechanics in MLB. I feel reallý bad for the team that is going to give him a 3 year deal.

Skrip

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:

Wagner will be the closer. They announced it at his press conference.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
[quote="darocker80":1l2ig94q]Are they gonna re-sign mike gonzalez with him saito and wagner that's a pretty strong bull pen.

Wagner will be the closer. They announced it at his press conference.[/quote:1l2ig94q]
Oh didn't see that/hear that. And saito signed after so it could change, but ya if wagner stays healthy he'll solid!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I would assume that soriano is also leaving. He is going to command too big of a contract for a 7th inning guy, which is where he would be with the 2010 braves.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:

two words!
Scott Boras!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
MAC16 said:
darocker80 said:
blitzerlover said:
darocker80 said:

two words!
Scott Boras!
gotcha

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
ballerskrip said:
I would assume that soriano is also leaving. He is going to command too big of a contract for a 7th inning guy, which is where he would be with the 2010 braves.
Possible pickup for the O's I would think.
We need bullpen help, and we freed up alot of salary letting go Mora, Moeller, Baez, & 1 other.

Members online

Latest posts