Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Scouting Report Posted-this one's a good one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I know a lot of you have asked about a Logan Morrison scout, so here it is. Just click the banner in my sig to check it out.

And as always, if anyone wants to share an opinion or make another prospect request, just post it here or pm me. Thanks

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Can you make one thread and just put all your little reports in there? Having to see all these threads every day is becoming very annoying.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nick1190 said:
Can you make one thread and just put all your little reports in there? Having to see all these threads every day is becoming very annoying.

The thread says the same thing every day, and I only start a new one when the old one is buried on the third or fourth page. It's not like you ever have to see more than one of these threads on the first page at the same time. So honestly there is no difference between me bumping a thread to the front page or making a new one for the front page.

And respectfully, like I have always said about any thread that you or anyone are not interested in, just don't click it.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Please use the same thread and have people PM you names they want to see.

The thread will have posts by you, in order, of the player reports you are putting up.

Constant threads clutter the forums, and in turn, piss off others.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:

The thread will have posts by you, in order, of the player reports you are putting up.

I have been using the same one for the most part and just editing the title which has led some people to think I am making 30 threads a day which is inaccurate. Yes there are probably 4 different threads for this out there, but at no time has there been more than one on the front page (or even the front three pages).

And once again, respectfully, how is this thread any different from any other? Maybe I don't want to see the "Griffey Collectors" thread or "The Night Crew" thread doesn't interest me and I think it's annoying that I have to see those. Am I complaining? No. It's called a message board, not every topic is going to be appealing to all people which is why you have the option to click the ones you want. There are a number of people who have given me positive feedback either through a thread or via PM about the blog and maybe they love these threads. So basically, people need to stop whining about seeing threads they don't like because there are other people on this board that do like them.

I will stick to one thread but I am going to continue bumping it as I see fit to alert people when I post a new scouting report.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
cgilmo said:
additionally, you calling it a scouting report with no face time is a disgrace to everyone in the scouting profession.

I'll call it whatever I want. Why don't you stop breaking your own first rule chris.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I have been using the same one for the most part and just editing the title which has led some people to think I am making 30 threads a day which is inaccurate. Yes there are probably 4 different threads for this out there, but at no time has there been more than one on the front page (or even the front three pages).

And once again, respectfully, how is this thread any different from any other? Maybe I don't want to see the "Griffey Collectors" thread or "The Night Crew" thread doesn't interest me and I think it's annoying that I have to see those. Am I complaining? No. It's called a message board, not every topic is going to be appealing to all people which is why you have the option to click the ones you want. There are a number of people who have given me positive feedback either through a thread or via PM about the blog and maybe they love these threads. So basically, people need to stop whining about seeing threads they don't like because there are other people on this board that do like them.

I will stick to one thread but I am going to continue bumping it as I see fit to alert people when I post a new scouting report.

Look, you can write a book back to me about how you don't get it, but I really don't even read your blog. All I ask is that you use one thread to keep the clutter down. It's clear that people aren't a fan of seeing your posts everyday, so I am making a decision that is best for the site as a whole.

One thread - that you keep adding to - and that's that.

You can continue to write your scouting reports until you're blue in the face, but please respect what's being asked of you. Making numerous posts about the same sunject is essentially trolling.

Oh, and threads like the "90's inserts" one have been updated for months, without having to creat more.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Like I already said, I'll have one thread. And just because you don't frequent my blog doesn't mean other people don't. So far three people have had something negative to say about it and two of them are mods. Go figure. Compare that to about 25 people who have either taken the time to pm me about how much they enjoy the site or left a prospect request. I understand your request and already told you I would honor it, but just know that you are not the only person on this message board.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I feel he should be able to start a new thread once the next report is published. It wouldn't be fair to keep using this thread with all the arguing and back and forth going on in this one.

It seems each of his threads becomes an argument but not an argument on the actual content of the scouting report. Let him make a new thread and all comments should be on the content and not his credentials. I read these threads to gain a little background on players I normally would know very little about, but that is being lost in this argument.

I think this is a fair compromise/request

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Like I already said, I'll have one thread. And just because you don't frequent my blog doesn't mean other people don't. So far three people have had something negative to say about it and two of them are mods. Go figure. Compare that to about 25 people who have either taken the time to pm me about how much they enjoy the site or left a prospect request. I understand your request and already told you I would honor it, but just know that you are not the only person on this message board.

Who said something negative about it, me? I surely didn't, but I very well could give you my full opinion.

Instead of trying to justify your reasoning, just do it. If it is felt that you are being annoying and/or trolling to the masses, then the staff will certainly tell you so. We have the ability to merge your threads, but that would mean I have to do what I am asking you to do.

Just say OK and do it. Plain and simple.

Maybe you can reach out to Jim Callis for an endorsement? or some live chats?

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
What the hell is wrong with you people? Leave the guy alone, he and a lot of other people, including me, are enjoying what hes doing. Just don't click the damn thread. There is not a rule stating you have to click every thread you see. The people that want to see it, click it. The people that don't want to see it, DONT CLICK IT.

And if you're this effected by someone posting a freakin thread on a message board, then that's sad. Think of it, You're getting annoyed/worked up because someones posting a thread on a message board. What a joke.

LLWesman - Ryan has talked to me about this site and what hes doing everyday and how he likes writing the reports, he actually wont shut up about it. He doesn't do this for the money one bit. Like you stated, hes getting 2/10 a penny a view. What ******* would do something like that for that amount of money? Who gives a crap if its annoying people, DON'T CLICK IT IF ITS ANNOYING YOU. IGNORE IT.

Wes

OG
Administrator
MetsCollector456 said:
What the hell is wrong with you people? Leave the guy alone, he and a lot of other people, including me, are enjoying what hes doing. Just don't click the damn thread. There is not a rule stating you have to click every thread you see. The people that want to see it, click it. The people that don't want to see it, DONT CLICK IT.

And if you're this effected by someone posting a freakin thread on a message board, then that's sad. Think of it, You're getting annoyed/worked up because someones posting a thread on a message board. What a joke.

LLWesman - Ryan has talked to me about this site and what hes doing everyday and how he likes writing the reports, he actually wont shut up about it. He doesn't do this for the money one bit. Like you stated, hes getting 2/10 a penny a view. What ******* would do something like that for that amount of money? Who gives a crap if its annoying people, DON'T CLICK IT IF ITS ANNOYING YOU. IGNORE IT.

Looks to me like you are the one getting worked up. Chill out.

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
LLWesMan said:
MetsCollector456 said:

Looks to me like you are the one getting worked up. Chill out.

I am getting worked up but not because threads on a message board are annoying me but because this is stupid childish stuff you guys should not even be worrying about. Like I said if you don't want to read it, do not click it. Don't hassle and criticize someone for doing something they like. Let them do it if it makes them happy even if you think its an inconvenience to you, which is the totally wrong way of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts