Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ryan braun to Red Sox rumor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Can anyone confirm? guy at work just told me he heard this. He'd be traded for a cache of young pitching.

I think he mis-heard or heard someone speculating/wishing, but it still got my attention.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It would make more sense to resign Bay, who has proven himself.

Unless they can give up amazing prospects, I dont see the Brewers moving Braun

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Are you sure he wasn't referring the Royals pitcher? :lol:

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Braun....but we would need a left fielder as well in the exchange.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Only rumor I have seen is that the Brewers intend on building the team around Braun, Gallardo, and Weeks, and if any big name was to be traded it would Prince...

TK

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Remember, every player is rumoured to be going to the Red Sox or Yankees at some point during each offseason. It's actually mandated in the CBA.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
braden said:
Remember, every player is rumoured to be going to the Red Sox or Yankees at some point during each offseason. It's actually mandated in the CBA.

::facepalm::

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
HPC said:

I had to mis-interpret this. You cannot possibly be saying Braun hasn't proved himself.

Seriously.....this is how this came off to me. I apologize for any mis-reading of the above....but....

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
sheetskout said:
HPC said:

I had to mis-interpret this. You cannot possibly be saying Braun hasn't proved himself.

Seriously.....this is how this came off to me. I apologize for any mis-reading of the above....but....

He is saying in the pressure cooker that is Boston. I can't say that I agree with him at all (Bay is WAY overrated and Braun is one of the best players in the game, is still very young, and is signed incredibly cheap). Give me Braun 10 times out of 10.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
braden said:

::facepalm::

It was a joke, though not all that far-fetched. See: Ramirez, Hanley; Johnson, Josh; Halladay, Roy, et al.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
it would take Buccholz, Kelly, Westmoreland, Reddick, Kalish, and Pimentel just for the talks to begin.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
DaveH said:
it would take Buccholz, Kelly, Westmoreland, Reddick, Kalish, and Pimentel just for the talks to begin.

:lol:

Braun is a GREAT player. He is young and he is signed to a very team friendly contract, but that is hilarious.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
in 08, Braun signed an 8-year, $45 million-dollar contract... i was being a tad bit facetious . because i don't think this will happen. But Braun's ridiculously team-friendly contract makes him top 10 most valuable in the game.

he's locked up through 2014. and he's already in his prime.

it would take a ridiculous package.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
DaveH said:
in 08, Braun signed an 8-year, $45 million-dollar contract... i was being a tad bit facetious . because i don't think this will happen. But Braun's ridiculously team-friendly contract makes him top 10 most valuable in the game.

he's locked up through 2014. and he's already in his prime.

it would take a ridiculous package.

I absolutely agree with everything you just posted, and I realize that it would take a huge package, but the package you offered was a little too large :lol: Buchholz is a very, very valuable trade chip, especially for a team like the Brewers that is starving for young SP. I dont think this is anything but an unfounded rumor, but if it were to be serious, I would think a package like:

Buchholz, Bard, Kelly, Reddick

would do the trick.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
My friend admitted that he mis-heard the Zaun signing and some other Red Sox talk.

He must have REALLY not been paying attention ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts