Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Pinnacle Joe Dimaggio Set w/ Autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I have a question about the 1993 Pinnacle Joe Dimaggio Set w/ an Autograph. I was looking on http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=joe+dimaggio and came across this. Why are the individual autograph cards priced higher than the autograph card + a 30 base card?

Also, I am looking to buy one of these cards. If anybody is familiar with these cards it will be greatly appreciated if you can give me some insight on them. Which picture do you think is the best looking? Thanks for your advice.

Jared

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for the second thread. I still need to decide which card (1,2,3,4,5) to get though. It's a tough choice.

Jul 30, 2009
I think the reason why the single cards are selling higher than the set is because YOU can choose the card/ pic you like best.

Also, if you are making the set and need 1-2 cards, instead of taking a chance with a set, just spring for the extra bucks and get the cards you need.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
011873 said:
I think the reason why the single cards are selling higher than the set is because YOU can choose the card/ pic you like best.

Also, if you are making the set and need 1-2 cards, instead of taking a chance with a set, just spring for the extra bucks and get the cards you need.

You can choose which card you get by choosing the set. That's why I'm not sure why the individual card would be more money and you dont get the 30 base cards to go along with them.
Here is a list of the autograph cards in the sets.
Set 1 is Spring 1936
Set 2 is Joltin Joe 1938
Set 3 is The Streak - June 29,1941
Set 4 is Opening Day 1948
Set 5 is Ebbets Field, N.Y. 1949

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Now I could be wrong but I think some of the autographs are weaker than others due to the amount signed. You look at some and its almost as if Joes hand was falling off. Maybe this is why?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
nyc3 said:
Now I could be wrong but I think some of the autographs are weaker than others due to the amount signed. You look at some and its almost as if Joes hand was falling off. Maybe this is why?

I've seen a bunch of these cards and I've never noticed a "weak" DiMaggio auto...they've been very consistent as far as I can see.

Members online