Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mario's Wax Heaven Blog is done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Stinks. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully it's not permanent. He really established himself in a short period of time. Really makes you appreciate Bloggers like Chris Harris, Thorzul, and Dayf of Carboard Junkie who have been at it for a while.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
blanning71 said:
Man, something must really be wrong if he's walking away. He always did a pretty bang up job on that site. I'm gonna miss it.

I'd imagine it's his job. I believe he wrote a few weeks ago that he's working 72 hour work weeks and that doesn't leave much time for blogging when he needs to concentrate on family with what little free time he has.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
I will tell you what if it has to do with some kind of car accident I will flip out. States obviously need to stiffen up the qualifications and beefin up the tests for Americans to be able to drive.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Hey guys, really appreciate the concern and kind words.

I have been putting some insane hours at work lately but it hasn't stopped me from blogging. This matter is much more personal. Been separated from the wife for about a year and now it's time for divorce so I will be moving out.

I've chosen to leave behind a lot of the things that took up my time like TV, computer, Xbox360, etc. and when I move into my new apartment it will be a while before I restock on those items, if ever I decide to.

I didn't want to write a typical "I'm leaving the hobby" goodbye because I'm not. I'm taking with me my 20-year Jose Canseco collection, along with my Andrew Miller stash and will do my best to hit the National in 2010 to meet up with a few of you.

I have to say that although my entrance into FCB was a shaky one, I am very proud to be a part of this community. It's the only forum that I have become a regular member of and it's thanks to the wonderful members who keep this place active and fun.

Thanks for everything!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Hey Mario. Sorry to hear of such unfortunate events. I wish you well and I hope that you continue to have the passion for the hobby that is evident in your site.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
beefycheddar said:
Good luck Mario, hope everything turns out ok.

this and hopefully I'll be able to meet you and other FCB'ers at Nats '10.

Take care,

- Dave.

Phish

May 19, 2009
Anybody else get the chills reading that message? One of my favorite blogs taboot!

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Mario's update comment:

Mario A. (16:57:42) :
00Rate This
Hey guys, thanks for all the emails and comments of support. I didn’t mean to just shut the site down with such short notice but I was literally moving my things out on the night I posted this blog.

I’m now in my own place, a bit lonely but happy. I only took my Andrew Miller collection and my giant book of Jose Canseco cards. I left behind so much, including my computer and thousands of cards, including about 100 Marlins autographs I obtained in person.

Oh well.

Truth be told I don’t know what I’ll do with this blog. The same week I moved out, the company I was working for went under (again!). I signed up to be a fire fighter and I start school in February. Once things settle down and I start working in a reliable company (while going to Fire Academy at nights), I will pick up a nice notebook computer and will reconsider blogging again at Wax Heaven.

It definitely won’t be a news source or anything, probably just reviews of old products and commentaries, which I always found most fun. Still, that’s a long time away … would like to make a Favre-like comeback now but it’s just not realistic. I’m thinking March after my birthday.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support and hope everyone has fun during this holiday time. Yes, I’m being politically correct there. Well, happy new year and thanks for reading Wax Heaven, even during its retirement.

-Mario

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts