Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$1k to spend on cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'm probably gonna spend half my Christmas bonus on cards. It's not budgeted in for bills or anything so it's basically mad money.

I basically have a few options and was wondering what other people think I should do. My options are

1. Spend the majority on one major prewar card. Probably an N172 Old Judge HOFer with nice picture registration. I can't get a high end HOFer like Anson for that little, but I can probably score a lower tiered guy like John Clarkson

2. Buy 4-6 higher end auto rookies like Howard, Wright, Cabrera, Hanley, Mauer, Tex, etc. I collect raw rookie autos and have a ton of holes to fill in my collection

3. Buy a case of BDP, spend the rest on one high end prospect like the Galloway Super, or a few blue refractor autos.

4. More Superfractors

5. Spend the entire grand on Marlins. I could probably be impatient and overpay with Burbank, and get my Conine collection to 90% or more. Or I continue to pick up nice 1/1's, patches, and MLB logos

6. Buy half a million 1990 Topps Mike Fetters cards and attempt to corner the market

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
6. Buy half a million 1990 Topps Mike Fetters cards and attempt to corner the market

Which would you feel the best about, getting a collection to 90% would be pretty nice I think!

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
If you're interested in a Raw Hanley X Fractor Chrome Auto from 2003...I'm looking to move one for Holiday money.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Option number 1 is the only option.

I suggest a good n28 HOF'er.

I've never been a huge fan of A&G. I've owned a few over the years and they never really did anything for me

My only problem is that 19th century stuff is like heroin to me. If I start buying them I'll keep buying them and before I know it, I've spent $10k in half a year

Another option is buying an E107 Breisch-Williams common. I've always wanted one

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Is your industry stable/secure enough to have no concern going into 2009? Therefore a seemingly "blow worthy" $1000 now may be far more important in 6 months.

Not giving a lesson or a warning, just a question.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Is your industry stable/secure enough to have no concern going into 2009? Therefore a seemingly "blow worthy" $1000 now may be far more important in 6 months.

Not giving a lesson or a warning, just a question.

I underwrite commercial real estate loans. I'm the only one in my company who does what I do, so I have a bit of job security.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Well If you think about it a Grand isn't really that much money. Op is probly alot older than me and a grand these days really isn't that much to be concerned about. Don't get me wrong still a nice chunck of change.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
My Choice

JoshHamilton said:
I'm probably gonna spend half my Christmas bonus on cards. It's not budgeted in for bills or anything so it's basically mad money.

I basically have a few options and was wondering what other people think I should do. My options are

1. Spend the majority on one major prewar card. Probably an N172 Old Judge HOFer with nice picture registration. I can't get a high end HOFer like Anson for that little, but I can probably score a lower tiered guy like John Clarkson

2. Buy 4-6 higher end auto rookies like Howard, Wright, Cabrera, Hanley, Mauer, Tex, etc. I collect raw rookie autos and have a ton of holes to fill in my collection

3. Buy a case of BDP, spend the rest on one high end prospect like the Galloway Super, or a few blue refractor autos.

4. More Superfractors

5. Spend the entire grand on Marlins. I could probably be impatient and overpay with Burbank, and get my Conine collection to 90% or more. Or I continue to pick up nice 1/1's, patches, and MLB logos

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I say skip all those option and get out of your colleting circle for once and find a sick Babe ruth quad or jersey and buy it :) !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts