Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So my wifes best friend lives right next door to......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
My wife tells me the other day that her best friend told her to tell me that she lives right next door to Frank Howard. I was like WHAT?!!!!! I need to talk to her to see if he is a nice guy and maybe get an auto or get a chance to meet him when we go to her house next weekend for a christmas party.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
darocker80 said:
Try and get an autograph and a picture with him during X-mas!

The guy is probably taller than the christmas tree. I know he was like 6ft 8in but i wonder how much he shrunk if any.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
moxacaine said:
darocker80 said:

The guy is probably taller than the christmas tree. I know he was like 6ft 8in but i wonder how much he shrunk if any.

Completely off topic, but I thought the catcher's glove in that Fielder sketch card was a crying meatball

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Brewer Andy said:
moxacaine said:
darocker80 said:

Completely off topic, but I thought the catcher's glove in that Fielder sketch card was a crying meatball

looks like a chewed up piece of gum to me. to be honest i have no clue what it is.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Pine Tar said:
kentuckyderby said:
moxacaine said:
darocker80 said:

If it is snowing, he will be shorter
Water causes shrinkage
Cold water as well :lol:
[youtube:1tcna5q5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc[/youtube:1tcna5q5]
[youtube:1tcna5q5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm3F9piwnTU[/youtube:1tcna5q5]

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
2 years ago i had the pleasure of meeting frank howard while i was in cooperstown for induction day weekend. While he isnt a hall of famer he was easily the most personable and fun former ball player to talk to. I go to induction day every year and have met most of the guys that are there but mr. howard took time to tell anyone who would listen stories of his playing days and was much more polite and friendly then many if not all of the other former players that were there. If you get to meet him you will hear some great stories and leave as a fan of his that much i can promise you. Oh and he is still a giant, im 6'4 and he towered over me and his hands were twice the size of mine.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
bondofan38 said:
2 years ago i had the pleasure of meeting frank howard while i was in cooperstown for induction day weekend. While he isnt a hall of famer he was easily the most personable and fun former ball player to talk to. I go to induction day every year and have met most of the guys that are there but mr. howard took time to tell anyone who would listen stories of his playing days and was much more polite and friendly then many if not all of the other former players that were there. If you get to meet him you will hear some great stories and leave as a fan of his that much i can promise you. Oh and he is still a giant, im 6'4 and he towered over me and his hands were twice the size of mine.

Thanks, its great to hear he is a nice guy. makes me want to meet him even more.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
He is a nice guy met him at the Fort Washington Show a few years back. His hands are huge. When I shook his hand he crushed me.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
well he isnt the best ttm signer so if you could get me an auto i would be very happy :D

that is still sweet

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
notjomommasclint said:
autograph smotograph i am thinking threesome!

hells yeah!!!

lol

thanks for the input guys. ill be happy just to shake his hand and say hello. maybe when i go to my friends party ill just show up at the "wrong" house.

Members online

Latest posts