Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stars and Stripes game worn caps up on MLB.com auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Re: Starrs and Stripes game worn caps up on MLB.com auctions

Very few are selling at opening bid of $150. Last year they would start relisting them $25 to $50 cheaper each time they would go unsold. Tigers have some nice lots up of them with year before when they did blue caps wth reds from this season.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East

yeah, it's just a stock photo of caps in auction. I wish they did show picture of actual item. You can't really go wrong with MLB authenticated auctions.
I want to get one, I hope they start lowering opening bids on them. Also some teams will just sell them off at the teams fanfest funtions this winter.

I really like the red color they used this past season on them. Was weird seeing Yankees and few other teams wearing red hats on Sept 11, 4th july weekend and Memorial day weekend. Pretty rare unique items and money goes to the Vets charity.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL

I will probably grab one and at the opening price. $150 isnt too much to give to those that may need it so I wont be playing the waiting game :)

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I can't get the link to work, I've tried it a couple of times on and off today. Could someone tell me if David Price has a hat listed? Thanks.

Casey

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
caseya10781 said:
I can't get the link to work, I've tried it a couple of times on and off today. Could someone tell me if David Price has a hat listed? Thanks.

Casey

No David Price. Actually there are no Tampa players up for auction at all, so maybe they are gonna be auctioned soon?

There are players from these teams available..

Angels
Athletics
Blue Jays
Braves
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Mets
Nationals
Orioles
Phillies
Rockies
Royals
Tigers

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
G $MONEY$ said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

No David Price. Actually there are no Tampa players up for auction at all, so maybe they are gonna be auctioned soon?

Angels
Athletics
Blue Jays
Braves
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Mets
Nationals
Orioles
Phillies
Rockies
Royals
Tigers
Thanks for the info! I'll keep checking back.

Casey

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
G $MONEY$ said:
caseya10781 said:

Casey

Angels
Athletics
Blue Jays
Braves
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Mets
Nationals
Orioles
Phillies
Rockies
Royals
Tigers

The Price cap was up and got no bids at $175
http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =110987209

So good chance it will get listed again at lower price.
I"ve seen a few nice pick ups of these on gameusedunivers.com pick up threads. Someone got Manny Dodgers.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

matchpenalty said:
Very few are selling at opening bid of $150. Last year they would start relisting them $25 to $50 cheaper each time they would go unsold. Tigers have some nice lots up of them with year before when they did blue caps wth reds from this season.

Do you know like how much time before the auction ends unsold and they are re-listed? I know the money is going towards a good cause but unfortunately I don't have enough money to buy one at the starting price :(

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East

r2d2 said:
matchpenalty said:

Do you know like how much time before the auction ends unsold and they are re-listed? I know the money is going towards a good cause but unfortunately I don't have enough money to buy one at the starting price :(

Some have been dropped to $125. I think most will start selling (common types) when they drop down to $50-$75.

Members online

No members online now.