Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Unique - Shorted a Hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I bust a few boxes a year, and decided to bust a box of Unique as I really liked the jumbo patches as well as the possibility of some sweet 1/1's. Stopped by a shop today and bought a box and busted it watching football tonight. I posted the disappointment in box breaks (2 hits, Matt Holliday jersey and Matt Kemp redemption auto), but figured I post here specifically looking for advice. Based on the sell sheet I was shorted a jumbo or patch relic. From the sell sheet,

EVERY BOX GUARANTEES
1 Autograph Card
1 Jumbo Relic Card Numbered to 40 or Less or
Patch Relic Card Numbered to 99 or Less
1 Numbered Single, Double or Triple Relic Card

I have the Topps customer service number and the address for replacement. Advice as to how best to proceed would be appreciated. Is it better for me to work through the shop I bought the box at or do I deal directly with Topps?

Alex

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
upc from the bottom of the box, a frew wrappers, the receipt of you have it, and a letter stating the issue. send all this to

The Topps Company
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642
ATTN: Consumer Relations Dept

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
You sure your Holliday jersey isn't the patch? Some of them look like jerseys and are just plain white looking jersey pieces.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
DWright5 said:
You sure your Holliday jersey isn't the patch? Some of them look like jerseys and are just plain white looking jersey pieces.

You're still guaranteed 3 hits, so what the Holliday is just determines what 3rd hit he is missing

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
UMich92 said:
I bust a few boxes a year, and decided to bust a box of Unique as I really liked the jumbo patches as well as the possibility of some sweet 1/1's. Stopped by a shop today and bought a box and busted it watching football tonight. I posted the disappointment in box breaks (2 hits, Matt Holliday jersey and Matt Kemp redemption auto), but figured I post here specifically looking for advice. Based on the sell sheet I was shorted a jumbo or patch relic. From the sell sheet,

EVERY BOX GUARANTEES
1 Autograph Card

I have the Topps customer service number and the address for replacement. Advice as to how best to proceed would be appreciated. Is it better for me to work through the shop I bought the box at or do I deal directly with Topps?

Alex

Alex,

I wouldn't go off the sell sheet. What does the box say on it for the hits?

Josh

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
gvsu96 said:
UMich92 said:

EVERY BOX GUARANTEES
1 Autograph Card

Alex

Alex,

I wouldn't go off the sell sheet. What does the box say on it for the hits?

Josh

box says 3 hits. 1 auto 2 game used.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Box states 1 autograph and 2 relics per box. I received a Solo Shot Matt Holliday jersey /275 (definitely not a patch) and a Solo Shot Matt Kemp auto redemption. I have the box and wrappers. I think I'll stop by the shop tomorrow to get a receipt. Thanks for the advice.

Alex

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
UMich92 said:
Box states 1 autograph and 2 relics per box. I received a Solo Shot Matt Holliday jersey /275 (definitely not a patch) and a Solo Shot Matt Kemp auto redemption. I have the box and wrappers. I think I'll stop by the shop tomorrow to get a receipt. Thanks for the advice.

Alex

no prob. everytime im shorted a hit thts all i do and i get a replacement in 2-3 weeks.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
UMich92 said:

Alex

Alex,

Hopefully Topps will give you a patch for the missing hit. They're good about replacing missing cards but it's usually a crap shoot.
Good luck
Josh

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Re: Topps Unique - Shorted a Hit - Update

Well, Topps customer service was quick with a response to send the missing hit from my box. Yet somehow I think they missed the mark by sending me a Mark Teixeira Solo Shot bat card /275. Not exactly the patch or jumbo that was missing from my box which had only a Matt Holliday Solo Shot jersey card /275 and Matt Kemp auto redemption.

Letter #2 was sent to Topps today along with the Teixeira card. Hopefully the results will be better this time around.

Alex

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Re: Topps Unique - Shorted a Hit - Update

UMich92 said:
Well, Topps customer service was quick with a response to send the missing hit from my box. Yet somehow I think they missed the mark by sending me a Mark Teixeira Solo Shot bat card /275. Not exactly the patch or jumbo that was missing from my box which had only a Matt Holliday Solo Shot jersey card /275 and Matt Kemp auto redemption.

Letter #2 was sent to Topps today along with the Teixeira card. Hopefully the results will be better this time around.

Alex

sell sheet was wrong. you are not gauranteed a jumbo.

nvm, guess i should read better, i thought you meant jumbo jersey or jumbo patch. yes you should have at least gotten a patch /99

Jul 30, 2009
Ive sold a lot of these boxes and they all had either a patch or some sort of crazy jumbo patch.

Dont let Topps off the hook. If its on the sell sheet, thats what should be in the boxes because that determines how many boxes dealers and distributors will order.

Case in point: 2005 SP Update had FIVE autos on the pre order sheet and when the boxes went live, most boxes had THREE OR LESS.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
It's not only on the sell sheet, it's on Topps site that the box should have a patch or jumbo #'d to 99 or less. So the second letter referenced that and included a copy of the PDF that is on their site.

Alex

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Re: Topps Unique - Shorted a Hit (RESOLVED)

Well, after letter number two was sent to Topps I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But Topps did come through and sent me the patch/jumbo hit that was missing from my box of Unique. Topps sent a single-color jumbo of Justin Erasmus /40. Obviously the card is meh, but I'm satisfied that Topps corrected the error.

Alex

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Re: Topps Unique - Shorted a Hit (RESOLVED)

UMich92 said:
Well, after letter number two was sent to Topps I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But Topps did come through and sent me the patch/jumbo hit that was missing from my box of Unique. Topps sent a single-color jumbo of Justin Erasmus /40. Obviously the card is meh, but I'm satisfied that Topps corrected the error.

Alex

That is extremely poor customer service. A quality business would reward the customer for the hastle. A single color patch of Jutin Erasmus is almost like a slap in the face.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Even though single color patches are not too fun to pull, I think Topps did great for you. You do have to go out of your way to "prove" what you "should" have got...that is thanks to all the greedy people and scammers that have tried getting free stuff since they never broke even dollars wise and all the other fun stuff we always hear about. The important thing, to me anyways, is that they hooked you up with a jumbo patch. Congrats dude...glad you got something back :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts