Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees trade Bruney to Nationals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
http://riveraveblues.com/

Via Joel Sherman, the Yankees have traded reliever Brian Bruney to the Nationals for a player to be named later. There was talk this morning about Bruney possibly being shipped to Atlanta, however those are obviously false.

Bruney was set to earn a decent raise over last year’s $1.25M salary through arbitration, and frankly he was a non-tender candidate. Considering the Yanks are looking to trim payroll, this is about $2M they can better spend elsewhere. · (73) ·

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
4:11pm: The Yanks will receive the Nationals' Rule 5 pick for Bruney, reports Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.

Not bad i'd say...anyone know what pick this would be? #1? Is there a list of Rule V eligible players?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
jdacunha said:
4:11pm: The Yanks will receive the Nationals' Rule 5 pick for Bruney, reports Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News.

Not bad i'd say...anyone know what pick this would be? #1? Is there a list of Rule V eligible players?

Yes, it is #1. The Yankees also have pick #30.

I was trying to find a list but no dice yet.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:

The Rule V draft isn't what it used to be. The odds of anything of any value whatsoever coming to the Yankees is near nil.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
How come you can trade Rule V picks, but not regular draft picks?

Baseball would be better off if you could trade draft picks.

Members online