Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1984 Fleer Update Roger Clemens: A few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I made this frame some time ago:

DSC04974.jpg

The spot missing is the card in the tittle, a card I thought it would be a very long time before I could have a chance to get. Well, everyone knows what happened to Clemens reputation and its consequences to his hobby love.
I've noticed that this card has decreased a lot in value and I'm having thoughts of buying it.

I've never been a fan of graded cards, weird because I'm very OCD, but in this case graded would seem the only way to go to avoid buying a fake (I remember reading about this a while ago). My question is if it is possible to notice a good one from a fake from ebay or how often a PSA 7 or 8 pops on ebay? I see 8s aren't very rare, but like I said condition is not an issue for me so if I have the chance I'll like to pick something even cheaper.

Thanks guys

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I'm at work right now so I am going on memory. There is an obvious fake that can be detected by my 5 year old daughter. Look at the back of the card and it says something like, "Did you know?" If the "know" has a capital K then it's a fake. Of course, there are others fakes that were printed in someone's basement but the one I'm telling you about has pretty good quality to it. Someone just screwed up with their lettering.

Members online

Latest posts