Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Creating a Fantasy Keeper League - Rules Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Here's what I have so far - any tips or adjustments from fellow commissioners?

2010 Fantasy Baseball
Weekly Head to Head League
Trading Rules: July 31st Trade Deadline – Deadline eliminated once next season’s league fee is paid.
No Trade Vetos
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Earned Runs (ER), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
Min Innings Pitched: 45
Keeper Rules: You may keep up to five players on your final roster (last day of the season). Players must be submitted by the following Super Bowl. Bonus Keeper awarded if next year’s league fee is paid by this date – bonus keeper must be either a rookie or rookie to be. Keepers take the place of the following season’s draft pick. For example, if you drafted Babe Ruth in the 9th round this year and decided to keep him, he would automatically be your 9th round pick next year. If you choose to keep a player you acquired off waivers, they will be your lowest available pick the following year.
League Fee/Prizes:
$40 Buy in
40% to Regular Season Champion 25% to Regular Season Runner Up
15% to Regular Season Third Place 15% to Playoff Champion
5% to 2011 Season’s Pot
Draft Rules:
Draft Picks may be traded at any time once established.
Initial Season
Random Draft Order, 2 minute limit per pick before you are passed over. Live draft.
Following Seasons
Following season’s draft order based on lottery to take place Thanksgiving. Chances are based on finish. Top team that doesn’t qualify for playoffs gets the most shots at the 1st pick. It would follow this way for all non qualifiers. Reverse order for teams who make the playoffs. 12 team league results would draft like this:
Place: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Chances at first pick: 1,2,3,4,5,6,12,11,10,9,8
1st place = 1 ping pong ball/name in a hat etc, 7th place 12 ping pong balls/name in hats
Expansion Teams: No keepers draft last.
Key Dates
Buy in Due: Feb. 7
Draft: Feb. 28, Mar. 7, 14, 21 or 28 (Please Indicate Best Date)
2011 Draft Lottery: Thanksgiving 2010
2011 Super Bowl: Keepers Due (2011 League Fee for Bonus Keeper)

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
:lol: Cool man...Do the same set up for the FCB one...I know its overload but Im sure people would be down!

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
entering year #14 in my keeper league

45 minimum innings = too much weekly
keep in mind some weeks have less games (early on, near all star break) and system won't be able to adjust if minimum that high

suggestion = 25 innings (just to prevent one from playing one stud SP and all closers)

you need to have some type of trade approval
in keeper leagues you have the problem of those who are out of it "dumping" to get better for next season
sure, the owner who gets the good guys is happy but 4-5 other owners = salty and angry
solution:
have a fine for those who finish in bottom 2 or 3
that will encourage more to play longer and not jut dump too early in hopes for next year

head to head for baseball blows
play 5x5 --- if ten owners you get 10 points if you lead category, 1 if in last
the TRUE best team wins and not a fluke owner that got lucky because september matchups were in his favor

just some thoughts

Wes

OG
Administrator
kentuckyderby said:
entering year #14 in my keeper league

45 minimum innings = too much weekly
keep in mind some weeks have less games (early on, near all star break) and system won't be able to adjust if minimum that high

suggestion = 25 innings (just to prevent one from playing one stud SP and all closers)

you need to have some type of trade approval
in keeper leagues you have the problem of those who are out of it "dumping" to get better for next season
sure, the owner who gets the good guys is happy but 4-5 other owners = salty and angry
solution:
have a fine for those who finish in bottom 2 or 3
that will encourage more to play longer and not jut dump too early in hopes for next year

head to head for baseball blows
play 5x5 --- if ten owners you get 10 points if you lead category, 1 if in last
the TRUE best team wins and not a fluke owner that got lucky because september matchups were in his favor

just some thoughts

I thought that playing for the first pick and taking payment at the trade deadline would battle "dumping." Nobody is going to dump a keeper if they have already paid for the next season.

We did 40 innings last year with no problems - 45 innings = 5 games. Shouldn't be hard with deep rosters.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
If you are considering doing a 5x5 FCB league with those exact rules, I would definitely be down.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've been doing fantasy baseball for about 6 years now. The best keeper league I've been in does it slightly differently:

You can only keep up to 3 players ( probably be 5 with as many slots as you have ), but you can only keep players you drafted in the 10th round or later. We do not have a prospect draft, we force people to use bench slots for their prospect picks.

You can keep a player for up to 4 years (5 including the draft year).

We also only have a single DL slot and one INF Util and one OF Util.

It worked so well, I've used this in my high stakes football league. It makes it way more interesting.

I think the best part about it is that the same high stakes players aren't kept every year. That makes it boring.

Members online

No members online now.