Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would be a good price for this card?(Alomar auto)update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
alomar.jpg

I've been thinking of picking up this card....what do you guys think a good value for it is? Thanks for the help.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Re: What would be a good price for this card? (Alomar auto)

I ask because I have no long term idea of what Alomar autos go for. Some recent ebay sales have some cards in the $17-$22 range with a black leather sweet spot auto selling as high as $56. So, I'd say 5-6 is probably a little low, but I'm hoping there is someone who've watched these a little more than me. The card I'm looking at I could get for $30. I know it's not a ton to a lot of you, but I don't have a ton to spend on cards so I really want to maximize what I've got. I don't want to spend $30 on a card that should be $15. However, with this card, it is on card so I don't know if that would make it worth it in the $30 range. I know a lot of people say, if you want it then it is worth it. To a degree I agree with that, but I really don't want to overpay even if I want it.

I'd love to hear other opinions. Thanks.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008

Isn't Alomar a future Ho'fer?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Seeing as how the Arod gets $50-60 I would guess that $15-20 should be fair.
This is a tough set that does not get enough hobby love, I have been trying to find several of these for a while with no luck.

Shoot Super a $15 offer and see what happens

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008

i agree w/ george...$15-20 cv

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Here we go, one closed:
[ebay:8mf0u6zc]390123575229[/ebay:8mf0u6zc]

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

George_Calfas said:
Here we go, one closed:
[ebay:3gvdhpz1]390123575229[/ebay:3gvdhpz1]

btw this probably closed low since the wording was signed not auto or autographed.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

Feel lucky if you get it under $20. He does not sign much, so it will keep value. It will go up when he gets elected too, so now is a good time to buy.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

Thanks for all the replies guys, it's really helped a lot! I think I need to just be more patient :p . I do like the card a lot, but if I can get it for 15-20 then I think I'll hold out. Who knows something else that I might like might pop up also.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI

I pulled one of those way back in 2000. I traded it recently. They look great in hand, and for $15 that's a steal.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

2000 Fleer Gamers was a "game-changing" set being the first baseball product to have one game-used card per box.

Of course, almost every product followed suit in 2000 and we are still in the middle of the glut of game-used mess.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

bodiaz said:
Feel lucky if you get it under $20. He does not sign much, so it will keep value. It will go up when he gets elected too, so now is a good time to buy.

...he has been signing TTM for the last several months though.....

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

I meant his pack pulled auto is hard to come by.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I ended up getting it for 25.01 delivered. I know that maybe a little patience and I could have got it cheaper, but it's not that expensive and it's a card I really wanted with a nice on card auto of a future Hall of Famer.

Thanks to everyone who gave opinions in helping me decide what to do.

Latest posts