Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brewers Trade Rumor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Corey Hart-OF-Brewers

According to Joel Sherman, the Mets and Brewers have discussed a trade involving John Maine and Corey Hart.
It'd seem to be easier for the Mets to buy a Hart-type outfielder in free agency than to replace Maine's upside in the rotation, but they likely have some concerns about how Maine's shoulder will respond going forward. If the Brewers made the deal, they'd enter the market for a right fielder. Marlon Byrd might move to the top of their list.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
prospectorgems said:
thefasterblade said:
I feel as though John Maine has absolutely no upside. Do this trade.

Same goes for Hart.

I think a 20-20 OF with good defense is light years beyond what the Mets have been trotting out there in LF. Even though Hart's really a RF, I'm fairly certain he can make the adjustment. :)

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
pujolsjunkie said:
prospectorgems said:
thefasterblade said:

Same goes for Hart.

I think a 20-20 OF with good defense is light years beyond what the Mets have been trotting out there in LF. Even though Hart's really a RF, I'm fairly certain he can make the adjustment. :)

20-20? 20 walks-20 rbi's? Have fun Mets!

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
prospectorgems said:
pujolsjunkie said:
prospectorgems said:
thefasterblade said:

Same goes for Hart.

Very intelligent.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
Hart is the most streaky brewer out there(besides cameron,hardy,kendall,gamel,suppan,yovani,all middle relief,)
i chalk this trade up as who cares on this one. neither team is making out.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
pujolsjunkie said:
prospectorgems said:
pujolsjunkie said:
prospectorgems said:
thefasterblade said:

Same goes for Hart.

Very intelligent.

I am sorry, but for any Brewers fan, they know how much of a non-asset Hart is to the team. He was downright horrible last season and not much better the season before. If we can get a SP for Hart, I would be more than happy. I can't really see Hart gaining too much interest out on the trade market however. Try watching 100+ games of this guy play and you would probably share the same opinion as me.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
sheetskout said:
prospectorgems said:
thefasterblade said:

Same goes for Hart.

Umm....no.

As a Brewers fan?...you honestly think that Hart has upside? Tell me please, where in the world you see this? Did you even watch this guy play last year? Hart was by far, besides the pitchers (Gallardo & Hoffman were the only highlight pitching wise) the worst player on the team.

While watching the games last year, I always had to chuckle a bit as they would do the Powerball Home Run ticker before each game...and Rickie Weeks was in the top 3 for the longest time and he was hurt! I am not referring Hart as a power hitter, but he isn't much of a contact hitter either.

Just my opinion, but Hart is trash and belongs no where on the Brewers roster.

Latest posts