Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seriously, Mattingly Collectors Have To Just Hate Me By Now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
First, a review...

1993 Topps Finest Promo Refractor
DonMattinglyFinestPromoRefractor.jpg

2008 Topps Sterling Jumbo Patch/Autograph
DonMattingly.jpg

And in the mail today...

2008 Topps Sterling Bat Barrel
Mattingly-1.jpg
Mattinglyback.jpg

It's nother personal guys. :)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
George_Calfas said:
Still love your 1993 find

Yeah, that's about the coolest eBay experience I've ever had, gonna be tough to top. I'm still holding out hope that I'll find a Ryan someday listed about the same. ;)

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Nice! Was the promo refractor only listed as a regular promo card? Awesome find!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
clarkfan said:
Nice! Was the promo refractor only listed as a regular promo card? Awesome find!

Yeah, it was just listed as a regular. I probably shouldn't have found it, I wasn't specifically searching for one, just saw the gallery picture and thought, that looks like a Refractor. I won it for about $27, sold it for $1200ish.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Just wondered. It's that, email sellers to end early, or find things that are listed horribly. It's hard to buy on eBay and flip on eBay on items that run the duration, are listed properly, and don't have moronic BIN's.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jastermereel said:
Just wondered. It's that, email sellers to end early, or find things that are listed horribly. It's hard to buy on eBay and flip on eBay on items that run the duration, are listed properly, and don't have moronic BIN's.

I do all of those things, but I'm not on eBay 24/7, just hitting refresh. I do love BIN's though, because I get cashback now. :)

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I refresh more than I probably should, and you still managed to snag the Mariano Rivera A&G Wood 1/1. That was really disappointing. Then I managed to miss it again when you relisted it.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Brett Keith said:
clarkfan said:

Yeah, it was just listed as a regular. I probably shouldn't have found it, I wasn't specifically searching for one, just saw the gallery picture and thought, that looks like a Refractor. I won it for about $27, sold it for $1200ish.

I love going through people's photobucket's and checking out the "gone" section, but I feel like yours might take the cake. I have seen you flip some amazing cards, amazing stuff man.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jastermereel said:
I refresh more than I probably should, and you still managed to snag the Mariano Rivera A&G Wood 1/1. That was really disappointing. Then I managed to miss it again when you relisted it.

I think the Rivera may have been one that I saw listed and asked the guy if he had a BIN he would take, I don't think it was originally a BIN. Then, when I listed it, someone hit the BIN quick. I try to get people to use BIN's now, ever since I last got screwed by someone by paying them directly through PayPal. Plus now I get eBay Bucks and can use Bing.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
stevezimmer22 said:
Brett Keith said:
clarkfan said:

I love going through people's photobucket's and checking out the "gone" section, but I feel like yours might take the cake. I have seen you flip some amazing cards, amazing stuff man.

I think I figured out how to let people view my album.

LINK

There's no "Gone" section, but pretty much anything that isn't Upton, has been sold. I deleted most of the stuff I sold under my old eBay account though. There are a couple things in there, like the Maddux Venezuelan sticker, Mantle Tag, that weren't mine, just wanted documentation of their existence. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts