Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milton Bradley close to being trade but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
...not to the Rays/Rangers/Royals

Cubs Close On Milton Bradley Trade?
By Tim Dierkes [December 8 at 4:12pm CST]
The Cubs are close on trade with a "surprise AL team" for Milton Bradley, tweets Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times. He says the deal could happen tonight. We know the Royals aren't in on Bradley, and the Rangers or Rays wouldn't be a surprise. So let's hear your guesses.

I think it is the Yanks. The Cubs have shown significant interest in Melky Cabrera. Could they do Melky for Bradley straight up? Would the Yanks be willing to deal with Bradley?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
josh3302 said:

The Cubs are close on trade with a "surprise AL team" for Milton Bradley, tweets Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times. He says the deal could happen tonight. We know the Royals aren't in on Bradley, and the Rangers or Rays wouldn't be a surprise. So let's hear your guesses.

I think it is the Yanks. The Cubs have shown significant interest in Melky Cabrera. Could they do Melky for Bradley straight up? Would the Yanks be willing to deal with Bradley?

No chance. Why risk chemistry on a championship ballclub? I dont even think Bradley is more talented than Melky, I don't understand the fascination with this guy. Look at his career numbers, he's had one good year and the rest of his career has SUCKED!

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
JEA2880 said:
josh3302 said:

No chance. Why risk chemistry on a championship ballclub? I dont even think Bradley is more talented than Melky, I don't understand the fascination with this guy. Look at his career numbers, he's had one good year and the rest of his career has SUCKED!
He had one good year and 1 decent year... both those years were in the AL. He is an AL hitter. He belongs there and will be better there

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
JEA2880 said:
josh3302 said:

You're looking at STATS though. Milton's greatest value is intangible- he has the best name in the MLB. It was awesome when he was in Cleveland's outfield with Coco Crisp.

I never thought he was that great at baseball, but wow, what a name!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I'm a big fan of his games - Monopoly, Life, etc.

Seriously, why would any club want him? He will be a cancer to any winning team so I'll bet he's going to some perenial loser like the Padres, M's, or Nats.

Jul 30, 2009
No way on the Yanks. No need for him in any way, shape or form.

He would be a PERFECT fit for that other NY team :lol:

Members online

Latest posts