Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on this Ichiro Auto'd Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've been looking for an autograph of Ichiro for some time and recently came across these 4 cards. I've never seen this card before and doing a quick ebay search I didn't find anything. I also checked on collectingichiro.com but couldn't find any information on this card.

The seller claims this card was produced before his 93 BBM rookie. Anyone have any more information on these?

1993 Hawaii Winter league

10rpedz.jpg

29e3ypz.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Is that an actual auto or a facsimilie auto? Much like the old '90s Collectors Choice Gold/Silver Signature cards.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
braves2008champs said:
I may be totally wrong, but I don't think they're autographed

Wouldn't they have an auto grade as well?

Depends on when they were graded though right, and if the guy paid for the auto grade? If you don't pay for the auto-grade does it still get slabbed?

Seller is claiming it's real, wants way more than I wanna pay.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
braves2008champs said:

No, you don't HAVE to grade the auto...but on that, I don't think it's a real auto either.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
braves2008champs said:

Depends on when they were graded though right, and if the guy paid for the auto grade? If you don't pay for the auto-grade does it still get slabbed?

Let me also add that it shows in Beckett's checklist, but does NOT note the card as an "AU" (Auto).

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Sly said:
Fandruw25 said:
braves2008champs said:

Let me also add that it shows in Beckett's checklist, but does NOT note the card as an "AU" (Auto).
'

I didn't think to look at beckett's list ::facepalm::

Still a cool card I never knew existed.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The first autograph [BGS graded] appears to be a facsimile since it matches exactly with the image [ungraded copy] posted on the Web site linked on this thread.

Aug 13, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
braves2008champs said:

If I understand correctly about BGS, if you have a card that is autographed you must pay for the auto grade service.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If it is a company -released autographed card, then yes you have to pay for the non-optional autograph grade. If you send in a card through JSA/BGS for authentication and slabbing, you have the option to pay the additional $ for an autograph grade.

Captain Feathersword said:
Fandruw25 said:
braves2008champs said:

If I understand correctly about BGS, if you have a card that is autographed you must pay for the auto grade service.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
if that was a hand signed auto it would have the auto-grade. Its a facsimile 100%

Then why don't these have auto grades? Older slabs? As for the ichiro's I got it, they are fake, Someone else wanna post that they are fake too, cause I'm not sure it's been established by enough members.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
Someone else wanna post that they are fake too, cause I'm not sure it's been established by enough members.

You asked for more information on these, should the topic end after the first person said they where fake? Why are you getting bent?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
You're right I did, I'm sorry. I guess I would expect someone that post to post something that hasn't been said before and acutally contributes to the topic at hand. Why repeat what the guy before you said? And lets be clear, I asked for more info, not real or fake. Anyways I'm gonna leave it at that.

Members online

Latest posts