Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark Bowman reports one team is interested in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
both Derek Lowe and Rafael Soriano!! Those are two big name players.. any ideas on who the braves could be recieving in exchange?

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
I am almost positive its the angels.. buster olney just announced that three teams are interested in soriano Angels, Astros, Orioles. the Angels are looking for a new starter after losing lackey my guess is Juan Rivera and maybe brandon wood or a mid level prospect.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
MAC16 said:
I am almost positive its the angels.. buster olney just announced that three teams are interested in soriano Angels, Astros, Orioles. the Angels are looking for a new starter after losing lackey my guess is Juan Rivera and maybe brandon wood or a mid level prospect.

The Angels make sense, but not at that cost. Wood is not going anywhere with Figgins signing with Seatle. The Braves would have to eat a large part of Lowe's contract to get a significant return.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I'm not opposed to a massive salary dump regarding the two. Freeing up the money for a FA bat, which would be as good as a trade.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Penno said:
I'm not opposed to a massive salary dump regarding the two. Freeing up the money for a FA bat, which would be as good as a trade.

What bat do we go after then?

If Wren can dump Lowe's contract we would have enough money for Holiday. I doubt we sign him, but I can hope.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Penno said:

What bat do we go after then?

That's a great question, and my theory most likely wouldn't happen. In a salary dump w/ the Braves sending little to no money, I think there would be an outside chance to get someone like Holliday.

Now, in all likely hood, I see the Braves eating a good bit of salary and getting a decent return in a trade involving both pitchers.

One can dream though

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I knew someone was going to say Nady. I've never been a fan. To me, it's basically a similar signing as Garrett last year.

I doubt anyone can be as bad in the field as Garret was last year. It was painful to watch.

Members online