Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Morning Dan, Dave. Not much going on here today. Just waiting for the big snow to come later today and tonight.

Scott, if you see this, what's it like down in your neck of the woods so far?

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Morning Art! Believe it or not, I miss th snow. When my kids were young and I was stationed in Alaska, we had so much snow that I would put them in their snow suits and they would slide down the roof into the snow bank next to it. Good times! :D

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
morning guys...not too much going on here...patiently awaiting this super snow storm they keep talking about (lady on the news made it sound like the end of the world)

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
69MetsFan said:
Morning Art! Believe it or not, I miss th snow. When my kids were young and I was stationed in Alaska, we had so much snow that I would put them in their snow suits and they would slide down the roof into the snow bank next to it. Good times! :D

Sounds like a great time to have with your kids. Last year my dogs were going from the snowbank to the roof of the house. I believe they're calling for about 12-15 by morning, and it hasn't even started yet. ::facepalm::

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Resident Piazza Fan said:
69MetsFan said:

Sounds like a great time to have with your kids. Last year my dogs were going from the snowbank to the roof of the house. I believe they're calling for about 12-15 by morning, and it hasn't even started yet. ::facepalm::

Do they empty the shelves of water and toilet paper like they do here if a tropical storm or worse is predicted? Down here, they buy stuff like that as if it's the last time it'll be available for a month or more. :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Not much, ust hoping to finish putting up the Christmas stuff today since it stopped raining here. Finished shopping for my son last night, man thats fun!!!

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
69MetsFan said:
69MetsFan said:

Do they empty the shelves of water and toilet paper like they do here if a tropical storm or worse is predicted? Down here, they buy stuff like that as if it's the last time it'll be available for a month or more. :D

Nah, not really. We expect to get hit hard all the time, so we're pretty well prepared for it. Only takes them a day or 2 to get things cleared up so traffic can come and go.

Good luck on the donuts. Molasses is my favorite.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
MojoDan said:
Not much, just hoping to finish putting up the Christmas stuff today since it stopped raining here. Finished shopping for my son last night, man thats fun!!!

Good luck with that my man. Got mine all done. I hung a wreath on my door. ::facepalm:: I always hated the "shopping" part, but LOVED the look on their faces come Christmas morning.

Morning Adam. Hope your feeling better soon.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Morning Dan, Dave. Not much going on here today. Just waiting for the big snow to come later today and tonight.

...just stirring after coffee, reading the paper and making homemade cinnamon scones :D

Not doing anything at this time Art but no school just about everywhere in Ce. Maine. We look to be on the 8-12" mark for snow with the possibility for change over to freezing rain much later today. You look like you are in the foot +/- range with all snow.

I'm laying low with the wife and kids now but will likely venture out to take the boys to the gym to run around a bit.

Stay safe......and warm

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Good Morning guys!

I know its basketball but I know we have some fans over here...Busted a box of 2009/10 SP Signature last night and my luck continues!

Lopez.jpg

Lawson.jpg
Lawsooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn! :mrgreen:

Also Hat Club has hats right now on sale 3/30! They have a lot to choose from including some of the Nation. (Flag logo ones)

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
MaineMule said:

...just stirring after coffee, reading the paper and making homemade cinnamon scones :D

Not doing anything at this time Art but no school just about everywhere in Ce. Maine. We look to be on the 8-12" mark for snow with the possibility for change over to freezing rain much later today. You look like you are in the foot +/- range with all snow.

I'm laying low with the wife and kids now but will likely venture out to take the boys to the gym to run around a bit.

Stay safe......and warm

Thanks for the update Scott. You watch out for the freezing rain stuff buddy, it's nasty when you get that "after" it snows. Staying warm is one of the easier things to do for me. I've got a wood stove that takes a 36" log,(several actually), and in the coldest weather, can be nice and comfy at 75-80 degrees inside. :D

Morning George, Charlie, Chris.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts