Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$10 Andruw Jones/Otis Nixon signing tomorrow, Atlanta area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Saw this on the GUU forum, and thought some here might be interested.

kylehess10 said:
Andruw Jones & Otis Nixon will be signing autographs tomorrow for only $10 each (you can get as many as you want) at a fundraiser for Peachtree Ridge High School from 10am til 1pm. Andruw Jones signings used to be atleast $100 back in his Braves days, so I'm shocked to see he's actually signing for $10. Here's the address:

1555 Old Peachtree Road, Suwanee, Georgia 30024

By the way, if anyone here goes and has a copy of this card, I'd be happy to pay you to get it signed.

2004 Skybox Autographics Prospects Endorsed Andruw Jones/Jonny Gomes

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
How the mighty have fallen! lol

I'd be more interested in nixon to tell the truth. I have plenty of Andruw. Not that I wouldn't take another. If anyone is going please send me a pm. Thanks

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Only 51 miles from me....Think I'm gonna have to take a trip over there. Not sure what I'm gonna get signed though...

Maybe a first HR ticket stub and peel the sticker off my 06 ultimate mlb logo and get it on-card, the way it should have been.

Anyone know if its better to bring your own pen or just use the ones they have there, and also, whats a good pen that I could buy tonight (not online).

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
leatherman said:
Fandruw25 said:
Only 51 miles from me....Think I'm gonna have to take a trip over there. Not sure what I'm gonna get signed though...

How about a ham?

Not sure why I would do a ham?

Anyways here's what I am getting....Wish My red crusade wasn't slabbed, and after the tatis incident I don't wanna risk it.

1998 Piece of the action jrsy/bat...Griffey looks so nice signed I hope andruw does too.
1st HR stub (would love an inscription, we'll see)
1996 G1 WS stub (would love an inscription, we'll see)
2006 Monopoly game piece (My girl really wants this signed...not sure why)
2004 Skybox Autorgphics (for the Gomes collector)
Game program from the WBC from Purto Rico with Jones on the cover...Should be cool.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Any chance one of you guys could get me a certain card signed? If so, PM me, I'll make it worth it.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
leatherman said:
Fandruw25 said:

How about a ham?

Not sure why I would do a ham?

Anyways here's what I am getting....Wish My red crusade wasn't slabbed, and after the tatis incident I don't wanna risk it.

1998 Piece of the action jrsy/bat...Griffey looks so nice signed I hope andruw does too.
1st HR stub (would love an inscription, we'll see)
1996 G1 WS stub (would love an inscription, we'll see)
2006 Monopoly game piece (My girl really wants this signed...not sure why)
2004 Skybox Autorgphics (for the Gomes collector)
Game program from the WBC from Purto Rico with Jones on the cover...Should be cool.

Assuming the red crusade is slabbed by Beckett, all you have to do is take a flathead screwdriver and place the tip perpendicular to the flip (the long side of the tip should be parallel with the long side of the case), and then give it a solid whack with a hammer. The case should break in two lengthwise. Alternatively, you could saw off the top and the sides, taking away the necessity for prying the case apart.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Damn, wish I knew about this before. I could have sent Fandruw some stuff to get signed for me. $10 is a great price in my opinion. Enjoy the experience Fandruw. Can't wait to see the scans!

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Seems like a great price on both players, considering I've seen guys in AA charging in the 20-30 range.

As far as pens...make sure to bring your own! I can't tell you how many signings I've been to that either don't have pens, or only have black sharpies. It obviously depends on the items you are planning on having signed, but my I always prefer blue sharpier, unless the item has a dark background. In that case, silver or gold sharpie/paint pens are best. If the card is a high gloss card, make sure you either rub it down or apply a light coating of baby powder before having it signed. This will prevent bubbling or running in the autograph.

Good luck with the signing!

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
If someone is going and can get them both on the sweet spot of OMLB's, i will send the money for the balls/sigs/shipping. Just send me a PM

Members online

Latest posts