Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

commons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90FTaway

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
I enjoy busting boxes, but I don't like commons anymore. I find myself just pulling out the Auto and a few other hits. I would ship them, but the cost of shipping would cost more than the cards are worth.

Most of the commons are 2008 Bowman, 2009 Bowman and 2009 Topps Chrome.

I might just take them to the Goodwill or YMCA and donate them for someone to have for christmas. The local card show is next weekend, but I don't want to devote a day to selling my junk at the mall.

What have other people done with commons? I know would like to revisit this topic since it is the season for giving.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I sell commons for 10 cents each.

I then have an decreased scale as follows

$5 for a 100 ct box
$10 for a 400 ct box
$15 for an 800 ct box

I don't get rich, but people like going through them.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Skorris CCBC said:
sportscardtheory said:
Separate them by team and sell team lots.

How well does this work?

I just started breaking up my commons into teams, so I don't know yet how they will sell. I just need to get rid of them.

Well you should definitely let us know. :)

I have a bunch of commons, no where to put them.

90FTaway

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the feedback.

cbrandtw: What did they say when you dropped off 100,000 cards? I assume it was not all at once. I would have dropped off that many at a few different locations :)

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Unless you are listing a sizable quantity (800+) in team lots, or throw in some type of inserts/autos/game used, you may now have much luck with team lots on ebay. I've been hunting for Pirate commons for a few months now...most lots end with no bids, and from my perspective, it's not really worth paying shipping of $6-10 for commons unless I am getting significant quantities of cards.

With that said, if you are looking to move any Pirates (and tramers doesn't grab them up first ;) ) I'd be interested.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I should have some Pirates base cards from 2007 to 2009 I would like to get rid of perhaps trade them for one card in return or you pay the shipping PM me

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
90FTaway said:
Thanks for the feedback.

cbrandtw: What did they say when you dropped off 100,000 cards? I assume it was not all at once. I would have dropped off that many at a few different locations :)

I actually took every one of them to them at once. I had them stored in 800 count boxes and then stored in huge Rubbermaid containers. All they could say was. "Thank you." I could tell they were happy with the donation knowing that someone was going to buy them quickly.

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I gave a ton away a few years ago for halloween. Kids also had candy as an option but most took the cards. I was able to get rid of most of my commons as well as a handful of low end autos and game used. You can also donate them to St. Jude's hospital. I interviewed there for a postdoctoral position a couple of years ago and they have tons of playrooms for the kids and a bunch of bowls of loose commons.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
90FTaway said:
What have other people done with commons? I know would like to revisit this topic since it is the season for giving.

I would hope sell them (or give them) to set builders. I wish I had more than 2 good sources for commons to work on completing my sets.

I'm fine on bowman and topps chrome, so you can give those specificially to charity/schools. ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
90FTaway said:
What have other people done with commons?

I found a co workers kid and one of my best friends kid to give my commons to, they are both about 6 or 7 years old, they seem to enjoy them, I give them a lot and told them to give their friends some as well. Maybe one of them will become a serious collector as he gets older.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts