Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Wish All Prospects Could Get Traded to the Yankees....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[ebay:11q1pzkv]190356677777[/ebay:11q1pzkv]

It does wonders for their first year parallels.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
Jaypers said:
[ebay:1ipq3hw9]190356677777[/ebay:1ipq3hw9]

Amen to that. Just sold a 2002 Bowman Chrome Granderson Refractor/300 BGS 9.5 for 109.99......had it listed for most of the summer and didnt get an offer over $55.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have one too, Thats a tough 9.5

Nice sale

tooly22 said:
Jaypers said:
[ebay:3hzd250g]190356677777[/ebay:3hzd250g]

Amen to that. Just sold a 2002 Bowman Chrome Granderson Refractor/300 BGS 9.5 for 109.99......had it listed for most of the summer and didnt get an offer over $55.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Just wondering......

I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do with my collection. For those that followed Tex or other new NYY players, when did they jump the most? Close to the trade or another time?

How much they jump in price will be a pretty big factor in my keeping collecting him or not. It was already expensive enough.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nborton said:
Just wondering......

I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do with my collection. For those that followed Tex or other new NYY players, when did they jump the most? Close to the trade or another time?

How much they jump in price will be a pretty big factor in my keeping collecting him or not. It was already expensive enough.
While the trade is still in mind. So you should sell now or in spring training (anticipation) if you want to sell.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
sell now and you should see a solid return. I think you should sell your rookie stuff now and wait for the mid season or a big game and then the sell the remainder

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
colts1888 said:
sell now and you should see a solid return. I think you should sell your rookie stuff now and wait for the mid season or a big game and then the sell the remainder

That's almost exactly what I was thinking if I do sell it all.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
sad to see another player collector die

There are no player collectors. There are opportunistic sellers who will be content to keep their collection provided there is never a drastic spike in their prices because they like the guy on the card. That's probably why it's best to be a "player collector" with an inactive player because the temptation to sell never comes into play.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
colts1888 said:

this is what id do to,

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
nborton said:
Just wondering......

I would have listed the rookies the day of the trade. Only the rookies though - the parallels, autos and game used from other years won't carry much of a premium, if any.

I have a huge Bobby Abreu collection and when he was dealt to the Yankees there was a 1 week surge in his stuff, in particular the rookies. Unfortunately for me, I was away that week... ::facepalm::

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
Just wondering......

I'd sell everything now. The chances of higher prices for any player is slim, and with a player like Granderson I think it is even less likely as he his past the time when people are really looking at him as someone with star potential. He's regressed his last three seasons and will be 29 next tear, so unlike Teixeira or Sabathia (recent additions to the Yankees) I don't think there's much reason to consider he'll have any big increases (I expect his cards to follow a pattern more similar to what AJ Burnett's cards did...a huge jump and then a big drop-off.)

(Of course if you are considering still following him you may want to hold the non-RC stuff as those might not see much gain either way.)

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Vagrant said:
miguelcabrera said:

There are no player collectors. There are opportunistic sellers who will be content to keep their collection provided there is never a drastic spike in their prices because they like the guy on the card. That's probably why it's best to be a "player collector" with an inactive player because the temptation to sell never comes into play.

Not true,I NEVER plan on selling my collection.Beltran could hit 4 walk offs in the world series and still wouldn't sell despite the opportunity to make a profit.It may be stupid but its true.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Many (a majority?) people here primarily sell (own/work/worked in a b&m or online card shop or prospect), it accounts for how they make a living to at least a small degree. Not sure if Vagrant falls into this category, but it may partially explain his perspective on this board though.

But surely some player collectors would be inclined to move their collection if a player they collect leaves their team, I guess these kinds of collectors may be more team collector than player collector.

thenumberonemetfan said:
Vagrant said:
miguelcabrera said:

Not true,I NEVER plan on selling my collection.Beltran could hit 4 walk offs in the world series and still wouldn't sell despite the opportunity to make a profit.It may be stupid but its true.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
uniquebaseballcards said:
Many (a majority?) people here primarily sell (own/work/worked in a b&m or online card shop or prospect), it accounts for how they make a living to at least a small degree. Not sure if Vagrant falls into this category, but it may partially explain his perspective on this board though.

But surely some player collectors would be inclined to move their collection if a player they collect leaves their team, I guess these kinds of collectors may be more team collector than player collector.

thenumberonemetfan said:
Vagrant said:
miguelcabrera said:

For me there were only two ways I would not collect Granderson anymore.

1. If he were on the White Sox. That's the number one reason. That alone would make me quit. I'm a huge Granderson fan, but it can't cover my dislike for the White Sox.

2. If he were on the Yankees. They are my #2 most hated team, but not enough to quit collecting him. However, the jump in prices might make that decision for me. Since it would be too expensive to continue collecting him like I have. Taking a profit (which I doubt would happen) isn't a part of it at all.

If Granderson was traded to any other team I would have continued to collect him. Sadly it has more to do with affordability than anything with him going to the Yankees. Already his stuff is way up from before. Prices on his autos have doubled, and seem to have staying power so far at least.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
I could have made thousands off of my Adenhart collection but he was and will remain my main collection!!! I just wish a certain someone would part with the rest of his!!! ;)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I would have loved for Jackson to have ended up with them too. Probably would have made over 100 bucks, if not more, on this one easily:

EdwinJacksonLimited.jpg

But instead I'll prolly send it to BGS and see how it does. Oh well.

Members online

Latest posts