Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jake Peavy signing in Carlsbad, CA today from 11-1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Not too crowded at all. It was at the Chevy dealership in Carlsbad and it was part of a Toys for Tots function. Bring a new, unwrapped toy and get in line for autographs! Peavy was signing like crazy (some guys getting 5+ autos) so I got him on a Topps Gold RC and a broken professional model bat (from some lots I've won on eBay recently--I've got about 15 broken minor league bats to get signatures on now, this one is the first one I've got signed). I wish I could have found my Topps Chrome Retrofractor RC of his before I went to the signing, but I'm pleased with what I got!

Thanks for looking,
Anthony

Topps Gold RC (gold borders don't scan well)
PeavyJake2001TGoldIPAU12-12-09.jpg

Broken minor league bat (random/unknown minor leaguer--just a bat to get signed)
PeavyJakeIPAUBat12-12-09.JPG

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I almost headed up there today but just couldn't bring myself to. I guess that's because I bought the card below for Under $5 delivered.

peav.jpg

A signed ball would have been cool but his autos are so cheap it didn't make sense to make the drive. Too bad he probably won't be doing many more local signings. :(

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
boxbreaker44 said:
Was it raining when you were in line?

It was for part of it, but it wasn't crowded at all so everyone--as far as I could tell--was able to take shelter under the overhang of the dealership's building.