Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Non-tender deadline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Raul Chavez is the only Jays non-tender. It leaves the Jays with no catchers on the 40-man. That could mean the Jays are on the verge of a trade, Roy Halladay to the Angels? or a trade for Doumit?

Jonny Gomes would be a goog pick up for someone......Jays...?
Other players of note, Atkins, Cust, ****, Garko

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
aarne13 said:
Raul Chavez is the only Jays non-tender. It leaves the Jays with no catchers on the 40-man. That could mean the Jays are on the verge of a trade, Roy Halladay to the Angels? or a trade for Doumit?

Jonny Gomes would be a goog pick up for someone......Jays...?
Other players of note, Atkins, Cust, ****, Garko

My only reasoning behind the sox attempting to move Lowell for Max Ramirez was to flip him to the Jays. You have to believe the Jays have something in mind, to not have a catcher on the 40 is crazy

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I think the Jays have to have something pretty close to being done. With Pudge, Kendall, and Zaun, signed, Navarro tendered, and Torrealba seemingly close to signing, there aren't many starting options left.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Napoli is one of the players that have been rumored (along with Saunders, Aybar). Max Ramirez sounds like a good possibility coming from the BoSox.

Arencibia had a struggled last year, lots of K's and no walks but he did have some good stretches. Cito is not one to give some of the younger guys a shot and will instead go with a vet (see Millar). For now Arencibia seems to be a Sept/injury call-up unless he blisters the ball early on.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
aarne13 said:
Napoli is one of the players that have been rumored (along with Saunders, Aybar). Max Ramirez sounds like a good possibility coming from the BoSox.

Arencibia had a struggled last year, lots of K's and no walks but he did have some good stretches. Cito is not one to give some of the younger guys a shot and will instead go with a vet (see Millar). For now Arencibia seems to be a Sept/injury call-up unless he blisters the ball early on.
Which is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Hallsgator said:
aarne13 said:

I don't think there are many teams that would hand the starting job to someone that is coming off a .235 avg and .280 obp in their first year in AAA. I assume they'll be looking to acquire someone via trade, and grab a veteran catcher to serve as a backup.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
subject to change said:
Hallsgator said:
aarne13 said:

I don't think there are many teams that would hand the starting job to someone that is coming off a .235 avg and .280 obp in their first year in AAA. I assume they'll be looking to acquire someone via trade, and grab a veteran catcher to serve as a backup.
Yes, I know, thanks. But as a fan, it's still lame.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Hallsgator said:
And I bet Accardo goes to the Pirates for Doumit. Since the Bucs already non-tendered Capps.

If they deal Doumit for Accardo straight up, it would be absolutely foolish. Jaramillo is not starter material, and with the release of Robinzon Diaz, the Pirates catching depth isn't much better than the Jays.

Selling low on Doumit just doesn't seem like a smart move to me. But then again, smart and the Pirates haven't gone together much in the last 2 decades.

Members online

Latest posts