Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Legendary Auction Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I bought this lot from the last Legendary Auction for $430 after buyer's premium. I needed the Bernier so I pretty much had to win the lot, probably gonna keep the O'Brien Brothers dual signed 1954 Topps and move the rest. Easter, Gilliam, and Bilko passed away in the 70's Grimm and Wertz both passed in the early 80's.

171.jpg
50brown.jpg

51Abrams.jpg
51Wertz.jpg

53Friend.jpg
54Easter.jpg

54Obriens.jpg
gilliam.jpg

sauer.jpg
57aguirre.jpg

57Cerv.jpg
57doby.jpg

57Skowron.jpg
57wertz.jpg

55Bilko.jpg
56Grimm.jpg

56McMillan.jpg56Rosen.jpg

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Don't know what buyer's premium is, but that's a heck of a price. Nice stuff.

Ant
I won the auction with a bid of $350 then had to pay 18% more because I won it, kinda reverse of ebay seller fees the buyer also has to pay fees with auction houses.

scotty21690 said:
Thanks for posting, T. :)
No problem, as soon as I get the spreadsheet done on it I can start selling them. Probably gonna keep the dual even though I could get one signed myself ttm.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Glad to finally see them Talmer! Especially partial to the Red Heart and 57's

That Doby is a little faded looking, but that and the 54RH Gilliam are my favorite

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Congrats on the pickups! As mentioned the other day, those Red Hart cards always look great signed. Glad you were able to pick up the card you needed and can possibly make some $ on the rest.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Great looking cards Talmer. I have the Topps Archives version signed by both O'Briens, and it's among my favorite cards. Really wish they would have done something similar with the LaRoche brothers this past season.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
I like the Luke Easter. In the high minors at the age of 46 (AAA / International League), Easter clobbered 15 home runs in half a season and had a SLG over .500. And he was still valuable offensively the next season. His statistics are actually fairly eye-popping- 176 home runs in his 40's in the best minor league in America.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts