Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brett Wallace vs. Kyle Drabek

Toronto's (Assumed) New #1 Prospect Is?

• Kyle Drabek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Assuming Toronto trades Taylor for Wallace, who would you pick as their #1 prospect - him or Drabek?

Curious to get your votes. Mine would go to Drabek.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
HPC said:
Wallace.

Could be up sooner and give them a better offensive boost.

I agree with that, but I have to say...after watching Wallace play 3B at Sacramento for a few games, he definitely needs some work defensively. Or at the very least, lose some weight!

::facepalm::

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
From BA's Blue Jays live chat:

Nathan Rode: Greetings everyone. Thanks for stopping by for the Blue Jays Top 10 chat. I'm sure you can all guess what the most asked question is, so let's go ahead and get it out of the way right now: If this trade goes through, which seems inevitable at this point, the Top 10 would probably look like this: Drabek, Taylor, Stewart, D'Arnaud, Arencibia, Jenkins, Cooper, Alvarez, Marisnick, Roenicke. Obviously, this also means Halladay is not your 2013 No. 1 starter. That would likely go to Drabek. Arencibia would probably be the catcher over D'Arnaud, just because he's closer to the big leagues at this point and if Taylor stuck around I'd find a way to get him in the outfield instead of Marisnick probably. Taylor isn't far away and Marisnick clearly is. If the Blue Jays then flip Taylor for Brett Wallace then I'd probably just replace Taylor with Wallace in the rankings. Now, let's get to some questions about the Top 10.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Until Wallace proves he can at least suffice defensively, I think the nod goes to Drabek rather easily. If I had to guess, it seems like Wallace eventually ends up as a 1B/DH type. If this happens, his value drops rather significantly.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Until Wallace proves he can at least suffice defensively, I think the nod goes to Drabek rather easily. If I had to guess, it seems like Wallace eventually ends up as a 1B/DH type. If this happens, his value drops rather significantly.
Did Pujols' value drop "significantly when he left 3B?

Not equating Pujols and Wallace, just the situation.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jays_Cards said:

no, but someone with less offensive umph would have seen a value drop

above average - good power sells at third, while it doesn't drive anyone nuts in a first baseman

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jays_Cards said:

That is a horrible conjecture. Pujols is a once in a generation talent. Of course his value did not drop, but how man players in the last 50 years could hit like Pujols? 2...3? Comparing the two is baseless and irrational.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Good pitching doesnt mean anything if you cant score runs.

Good hitting wins games when your pitching isnt good.

See: Angels

Members online