Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I am Becoming King of the Flea Market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I have made a few nice finds at my local flea market on a few occassions. But the past three weeks are nuts.

Here are my purchases (both sports and others)

Three boxes of 1993 SP for $71 TOTAL!!!! Havent opened any yet

Ozzie Smith & Rickey Henderson Topps RCs $25 for the pair...Both sent in for grading

1993 SP Derek Jeter Foil RC (GREAT CARD...Sent into BGS...fingers crossed) $11

Brooks Robinson DK Dual GU Auto #/10..... $14 (sold already for $41)

Duke Snider DK Auto #/5.....$20 (PC Item)

Nintendo 64 with six games ..... $15 (FOR ME!!!)

Two Colecovision Systems with original boxes & 12 games NEW Sealed, and other accessories... $100
(sold both systems $85 each; each game $20 each; accessories $65)

1938 Tennessee Furntiure Cavalier Cedar Chest.... $25 (gonna touch up the finish on it...this model usually sells for $500...Gonna be a nice piece when I am done)

12 Various NEW Sealed Tiger Electronics Hand Held games....$20 for all of them ( sold three for $38, and waiting on other people to accept prices for the rest...should total $125 in the end)

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
What part of the world do you live in that you can find NEW Coleco visions? I have HEARD about this antique ! :lol:

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Wallingford...Redwood Flea Market. They arent NEW systems, just in original boxes, the games were NEW SEALED.

Dont you live in the Hartford area...Coleco was based there, you can probably find tons of stuff in your area...There is money in vintage games.

EricInCT said:
What part of the world do you live in that you can find NEW Coleco visions? I have HEARD about this antique ! :lol:

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
The best part of my recent purchases are the fact that I didnt haggle at all for them, those are prices that I was given and paid.

blanning71 said:
Thats some hellacious price points on the cards. But the 80's Cafe' called and wants their video game systems back so they can put them back in the display cases.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly I dont know where they get the stuff they sell, but if they didnt make something in profit, I am sure they wouldnt sell it. I am going to an auction next monday in Meriden, CT....Last time I went I missed out on buy a legit Ted Williams/Joe DiMaggio Auto photo. But I did get a case of 1993 Topps baseball for only $35 plus auction fees.

blanning71 said:
Where do you live? Jones-town? Cause they been drankin the koolaid

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jumbojohnny said:
Honestly I dont know where they get the stuff they sell, but if they didnt make something in profit, I am sure they wouldnt sell it. I am going to an auction next monday in Meriden, CT....Last time I went I missed out on buy a legit Ted Williams/Joe DiMaggio Auto photo. But I did get a case of 1993 Topps baseball for only $35 plus auction fees.

blanning71 said:

You live in CT?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Yup, right off 91, in Wallingford. I work in New Haven.

EricInCT said:
jumbojohnny said:

blanning71 said:

You live in CT?

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Great pickups!
I am going to an estate auction on Saturday where they are advertising autographed baseballs.
Hopefully they are legit, can't tell you how many times I've seen the team stamped balls at auctions and flea markets where the sellers think they are real.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I know that feeling, like the ones that you could get at McDonalds or Sunoco...then you see them at flea markets or tags sales and people want tons of money for a stamp or fascimile. I sometime consider caring a real auto ball in my glove box, just to show then the difference.

Then I try to remember that not all people are knowledgable about this hobby, and I keep on moving.

goldenegg1 said:
Great pickups!
I am going to an estate auction on Saturday where they are advertising autographed baseballs.
Hopefully they are legit, can't tell you how many times I've seen the team stamped balls at auctions and flea markets where the sellers think they are real.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
My girlfriend brought home a few of the old video consoles and games from a garage sale, and I was thinking, ok, no big deal, she wasted $20... each of the consoles did well, and as I was looking up the games that came with them I discovered that one was a game that was sent to club members or something like that, and the buyer that paid around $125 for the game said thatif it had still had the instruction book it would have sold for over $200... so you never know.

That same week she bought some gloves and stuff including a Green Bay Packers wallet. It had $20 in it. How do you not look in a wallet before selling it?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
:shock:
Looks like I need to find some flea markets next time I go home to CT.

Though I'm not sure I have the patience for it......as I can't imagine the amount of crap you'd have to sift through to find those few gems.

Jul 30, 2009
Not bad but did you ever look through a box, moving crap around inside and discover a 1952 Topps Mantle?

Then, ask how much for it and get told $20 only to counter it with $10 and walk away with the card?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
No, I cant say that I have had this pleasure. But I dont sift through boxes either. I usually scan tables and boxes but if I dont see anything of interest I just keep on moving.

011873 said:
Not bad but did you ever look through a box, moving crap around inside and discover a 1952 Topps Mantle?

Then, ask how much for it and get told $20 only to counter it with $10 and walk away with the card?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts