Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where Will Brandon Webb end up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It's no secret his talks with Dbacks have broken down, and no progress has been made, so, it's likely he will be traded this season.

He is asking for more money than they are willing to pay, and I assume he would want a deal similar to Lackey, worth around 80mil for 5-6 years.

Where are some possible spots he could end up?

The Mets come to mind as a team that he could end up on, so do the Yanks, and, if Seattle keeps making moves, that does not seem out of the question.

Jesus Montero comes to mind as someone who could be moved from NYY to land Webb, and honestly, if that opportunity comes up, they should take it because they need a solid hitter, which is what Montero looks to be

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
I don't see how you will be able to land Montero especially after the injury plagued season that Webb just had. I think it would be a terrible time to test the market for Webb right now as he needs to get on the mound first and prove that he is fine.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
elemin8 said:
I don't see how you will be able to land Montero especially after the injury plagued season that Webb just had. I think it would be a terrible time to test the market for Webb right now as he needs to get on the mound first and prove that he is fine.

Yeah, now is a bad time, but around the AS break is probably when he would go.

He is a FA next season, so they have to move him this season to get anything.

If the Sox are beating the Yanks, I could see them giving up Montero, which they were willing to do for Halladay...albeit different pitchers, but same kind of scenario

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I always thought the Brewers should make a run at him but they more than likely wouldn't be able to pay him after next season.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
HPC said:
It's no secret his talks with Dbacks have broken down, and no progress has been made, so, it's likely he will be traded this season.

He is asking for more money than they are willing to pay, and I assume he would want a deal similar to Lackey, worth around 80mil for 5-6 years.

Where are some possible spots he could end up?

The Mets come to mind as a team that he could end up on, so do the Yanks, and, if Seattle keeps making moves, that does not seem out of the question.

Jesus Montero comes to mind as someone who could be moved from NYY to land Webb, and honestly, if that opportunity comes up, they should take it because they need a solid hitter, which is what Montero looks to be

The Yankees would not trade Montero for a half season of Webb under any circumstance. The most likely scenario is Webb walks after the year and the DBacks take the Type A comp.

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009
I don't know if the most likely situation is seeing him walk, but it is far more likely than a trade for Montero. If The Dbacks are contenders, they may just hold on to him and see if they can make a playoff run, which, if they get a new bat, would be scary with Webb, Haren, Jackson in the rotation. If they are too far out of the race around the break, they'll trade him for whatever they can get from a team who wants him for their own playoff run. He COULD re-sign, but won't sign to a team that consistently underachieves.

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
He would love to stay with the Dbacks. He was happy to get the option for next year picked up and everything. He is throwing well right now and feeling great. So, if the Dbacks bats can start producing, they could be a very formidable team with the pitching staff they have and the hitting POTENTIAL.

There are a couple other teams that he would consider if the Dbacks don't sign him to a deal this season, but we'll see what happens.

David

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
dethomas07 said:
He would love to stay with the Dbacks. He was happy to get the option for next year picked up and everything. He is throwing well right now and feeling great. So, if the Dbacks bats can start producing, they could be a very formidable team with the pitching staff they have and the hitting POTENTIAL.

There are a couple other teams that he would consider if the Dbacks don't sign him to a deal this season, but we'll see what happens.

David

Was hoping to see you post in here... :D

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
MojoDan said:
Was hoping to see you post in here... :D

Well, I wanted to throw in a couple cents worth of info, but not give our too many details. :)

Overall, though, he is looking good right now and this has the potential to be a great season for the Dbacks.

David

Members online