Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of my favorite cards available again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
JzWand said:
Whats the story with this card?
Is this the one where there were some concerns as to the authenticity of the autos?

if so, was it ever cleared up? good or bad?

I think the Ruth and 1 or 2 others were in question. As far as I know UD said they were authentic, but premier top tier auto collectors didn't agree

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
wolfmanalfredo said:
JzWand said:
Is this the one where there were some concerns as to the authenticity of the autos?

I think the Ruth and 1 or 2 others were in question. As far as I know UD said they were authentic, but premier top tier auto collectors didn't agree

that wasn't this card, was it???

Also, i take it this is a "booklet" card? I had no idea BGS was slabbing these types of cards.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I believe UD replaced the questionable signatures.

They also provided the seller, as compensation, unique cards made specifically for him (if you recall the Tiger Woods listed a few months ago on eBay).

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
JzWand said:

The card you're referring too was a quad (Ruth, Walter Jonhson, Mathewson and one I can't remember right now) from UD
And I think the final consensus was that they were fakes.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
r2d2 said:
JzWand said:

The card you're referring too was a quad (Ruth, Walter Jonhson, Mathewson and one I can't remember right now) from UD
And I think the final consensus was that they were fakes.

Yeah, thats what i thought. This is the card that was suppose to have the fake Ruth cut...

2i71ro8.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
This guy sounds like he was more than compensated.

The original card in question was from 2005 legendary cuts, the quad auto signature.

This is what I think is going on. To avoid a major hit to their reputation, UD sent this guy some serious hush/hush compensation, including a special 1/1 dual auto jersey Lebron/Jordan, a special dual auto jersey Tiger Woods 1/1, and apparently this card as well. I'm sure the law suit against upper deck was probably going to be in the hundreds of thousands, so this was probably given to him as well to shut him up, plus it's cheaper than going to court. Upper Deck gets away without a tarnished reputation, this guy is "happy", and UD will continue peddling their questionable products.

I wonder if historically there has ever been a successful lawsuit against the card companies? I remember there was the 1996 finest Maddux gold refractor fiasco as well as a Jagr gold refractor controversy?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts