Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett's break of 09 BDP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wonderful. 10 new non-1st year autographs added at the last minute. ::facepalm::

Wax breakers, you better wear a cup.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Another Base Bowman Prospect Auto of Posey, Knapp & Hewitt? Way to go out on a limb there. Where have I seen those before?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Do the Bowman prospect autos count as the 1 per box auto? If so, that is crap. I mean Posey/Moose/Morrison are solid, but this looks like a disaster for big breakers.

At least the one guy im after is still in there.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Aw, crap. No Jenkins auto. And the only Jay I see is Goins, who sucks. Ah, well, nothing for me to spend money on then.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I call Hewitt the new "Strikeout King".

I can almost understand adding Knapp again (hopefully new uni?) but the frick did "Strikeout King" do to deserve a 2nd card so soon. Other than his relatives, who wants another auto of his? Most wouldn't even want one!

Bad call Bowman...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Huge letdown.

Said it before and I'll say it again: If Topps had got their act together and actually worked to get the top draft picks, this literally could have been the best baseball card product ever made. There was plenty talent in the draft this year to make that a very realistic possibility.

But they hardly got any of the top picks, so instead this product looks like absolute garbage.

I'm disappointed, especially after 2008 BDP was as good of a product as it was, and after about 3 cases of 08 BDP, I will not be touching any 2009 BDP wax whatsoever.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Man, I'm glad that I've moved to busting hockey for the time being. These baseball products are getting worse and worse...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Are assuming that the bowman auto is in addition to the chrome auto? Or taking it's place?

If it is in addition to the chrome auto, then what is everyone bitching about? I swear that people are just searching for something to complain about.

Skrip

Wes

OG
Administrator
Jaypers said:
Wonderful. 10 new non-1st year autographs added at the last minute. ::facepalm::

Those look like additional autographs on top of the chrome autos, seems like a positive to me much like the Longoria and Kershaw autos from last year's product.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Besides Strasburg (already has USA already) and Ackley which players drafted in the 1st round in 2009 that don't already have either a Razor, AFLAC or UD USA card are really missing from the set?

Would one rather want some 13th round player of a guy who might never reach AA OR a second or 3rd year auto of a solid prospect?

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
With the terriable check list there will be less people busting. Which for me means less busting the harder it is to find the guys im buying. Might actually drive their price up. We will see what happens. With the economy and releasing before Christmas this stuff might be dirt cheap.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wonder why Topps has, for the second year, refused to print the AFLAC Autograph checklist here. They do give out the odds of pulling them this year, which makes this make even less sense.

Matt - I believe these additional autographs do in fact take the place of regular Bowman Chrome autos per box.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
LLWesMan said:
Jaypers said:

Those look like additional autographs on top of the chrome autos, seems like a positive to me much like the Longoria and Kershaw autos from last year's product.

At least those additional autographs were on Chrome.

These are plain ol' regular Bowman autos. And maybe no parallels?

Members online

Latest posts