Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Christmas came early for me!! Huge mailday!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Well guys I ended 09 with a bang! My most expensive card in my collection, a last second massive snipe from someone else drive this card near my max bid but I held on for the win. :cool: $191.50 shipped, and now I am poor....but it was kinda worth it. ;)

HERE
IT
IS
BOOM!

lordt3front.jpg
lordt3back.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This card is a BEAUTY in person.....for those of you who have no seen an original T3 Turkey Red in person well then....you are missing out. :eek: They are simply incredible and is easily my favorite set of all time. For those of you who do not know....I am attempting the task of a T3 Red Sox team set, down to two more (Speaker and Stahl) but I am in the process of making a deal for the Stahl. :) The Speaker I should have within the next half year.

Here are the rest:

t3mcconnellfront.jpg
t3mcconnellback.jpg
t3nilesfront.jpg
t3nilesback.jpg

And my favorite:

billcarrigant3front-1.jpg
billcarrigant3back-1.jpg

That is it for now, I have my eye on one other card on the bay and have 10 cards on their way to PSA. After that.....yikes, I guess I will have to stop spending so much $$ :lol:

Thank you all for looking and comments are appreciated....Happy Holidays!
-Scott

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

those all need to be slabbed for their own protection, but you know this ;)

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Holy crap Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know you should probably send that for me for safe keeping....
Nice pickup my friend, I'm drooling over here.

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
cant see the scans here at work but i am looking forward to seeing them in about an hour when i get home...sounds like some good stuff though scott congrats!

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Well, some companies honor expired redemptions. That one's only 98 years past, might as well collect the coupons and send it in right?

Seriously, though, sweet addition to the collection!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

those all need to be slabbed for their own protection, but you know this ;)
Thanks Eric! And yes I do know that....I also know that it is more expensive to get these oversized beauties slabbed. :(

rebelpawn - Haha nice one James, and I'll tell you this....you may drive all the way to MA to my house and I will let you cradle them for a few minutes. :) Thanks a lot James and take care all the way over there in CA....hopefully it doesn't get too cold. :shock:

francisjniskey - Thanks a lot! :) And I don't know if I told you before but best of luck finding 3/3! I know back during the BMB days I was hoping you would locate that card someday.

MOFNY - I have to say, these can get pretty pricey. So for right now, nothin wrong with 05 Turkey Red, great set. ;) But I do recommend checking out ebay and waiting for a non-slabbed T3 to come up for auction....I actually got my McConnell and Niles for under $50 each. Though I wouldn't want to be the one to blame when you are hooked and have no more monies. :D :lol:

descott77 - Thanks a lot Dave!!! Also, I forgot to send the package with DC so shoot me a pm when you get it, k?

bigpapiMA32 - :lol: :lol: Man do I wish things like that never expired...I would be sending in those coupons like crazy! :lol: Thanks for the comment!

And here is a pic of them altogether:

redsoxturkeyreds1.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
Awesome card Scotty! Congrats on moving closer to completion on the Sox team set!
Thanks a ton Jordan, really appreciate it!! :D

notjomommasclint - I know right?! Yuckie! I was going to use it as my nightly placemat for dinner but instead I ended up using it as a 100 year old dartboard.....TAKE THAT HARRY LORD!!

jay1065 - Many thanks Jay, I know you know how excited I was for this one to come in! And yes....I actually have thought about framing them. And once I get all 6 I will do just that. :)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Scott that is a beaut. I have never seen a T3 Turkey Red in person so if you want you can mail it to me and I will take a good look at it :D . congrats on moving one step closer to completing the Red Sox team set. can't wait to see the Stahl. will the Speaker be the most expensive?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Beautiful card Scotty!
The greatest set of all time. Topps could not come close to doing the Turkey Red set justice when they made its retro sets.
As you wrote, they're gorgeous in person. I wish I had one. I've only seen them at card shows.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow Scotty, that's a huge mailday!! :eek: Those are simply incredible for being almost a hundred years old. Congrats!!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
never saw this card before but if it says "LORD" on the card, i am to assume that this is a pricey purchase :mrgreen:

awesome vintage as always, scotty

dave

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
is that ristol lord, because i have his t205 card, my first t anything card.

anyway i dont think i have seen one in person, but has others said, you can send them to me and i will look at them for you.

sweet pick up, i wish i could afford one

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Scott that is a beaut. I have never seen a T3 Turkey Red in person so if you want you can mail it to me and I will take a good look at it :D . congrats on moving one step closer to completing the Red Sox team set. can't wait to see the Stahl. will the Speaker be the most expensive?
Ha, you guys are funny! :D By the end of the year I will just need the Speaker T3 for the team set and yes, the Speaker will be the most expensive. There is a PSA 2 Speaker on ebay with a BIN of $995 but I know if I wait for a beater to come up for auction I can get one quite a bit cheaper (though I have never seen one come up for auction :? ). Thanks for the comments, Dave!

Austin - Many thanks Austin! And I am glad someone else acknowledges this set as "the greatest set of all time" :mrgreen: I agree, the reto sets are not even close...and never will be. They are amazing in person, and you can have one! As I have said before my Niles and McConnell cost me about 85 for the pair...so a decent ungraded one up for auction could cost well under $100 dlvd....it's worth looking into. :)

wideright - Thanks a ton Dave! And yep, they sure are incredible for their age.....especially because they are nicer than anything produced today! :D

daveyou - Well Dave you sure do have the expensive part right! My most expensive card in my PC thanks to a HUGE last second snipe on this one...I still feel as if I didn't overpay though. Thanks for the comment, bud. :)

jeff550 - Thanks Jeff...and nope, mine is Harry Lord. Your T205 card of Bristol Lord was nicknamed "The Human Eyeball" and won two World Series with the A's. Keep an eye out for raw T3s ending on ebay, to get a guage on prices...you may be able to snag one cheap.

Members online

Latest posts