Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Piratefest 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Piratefest will be Jan 29-31 this year. If there's still interest, Saturday would probably be the best day for some kind of meetup for board members in the area. We could grab something to eat in the strip beforehand, or whatever would work best for everyone.

Also, the Pirates released the Pirate Caravan schedule for this year
http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/community/caravan.jsp
The schedule is always subject to change, and has in past years, but I'm excited to see some newer guys like Jones and Dewlyn attending. Only down side is that most of these guys have very few Pirate cards.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Oops...also, the tentative list of Piratefest attendees is:
Andrew McCutchen
Ross Ohlendorf
Paul Maholm
Zach Duke
Steve Pearce
Andy LaRoche
Lastings Milledge
Garrett Jones
Charlie Morton
Joel Hanrahan
Evan Meek
John Russell
Bill Mazeroski

Looks like Van Slyke is officially a no-go now :cry: Still, not a bad group. Should be able to add half a dozen new players to the collection in total.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It's one of the perks of having such a perennially bad team I suppose. They have to do whatever they can to drum up interest in the team and try and sell some tickets. As a collector, it makes for a great week.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Group B is coming here to Johnstown...to a school assembly only. It's a shame they aren't doing a meet and greet.

I might go to their auto session at Dick's in Altoona, pending the weather. It's only a 45 min drive. Same goes for the kickoff in Somerset with group A. Maybe even the Indiana session.

I'll have to try and get some cards of the players who are supposed to be attending for autos. Not sure what I have atm.

They should have done something else in Johnstown, considering Pete Vuckovich is from here. :cool:

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Card magnet - I think most of the new guys only have cards in Topps Update or Heritage High Number, assuming you're looking for them in a Bucco uni. I'll be at the Latrobe stop, and I'll have to figure out some way to get the B group, since there are a few guys there I need.

Did anyone go to the Seven Springs event last year? If so, how were the autograph lines?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
subject to change said:
Card magnet - I think most of the new guys only have cards in Topps Update or Heritage High Number, assuming you're looking for them in a Bucco uni. I'll be at the Latrobe stop, and I'll have to figure out some way to get the B group, since there are a few guys there I need.

Did anyone go to the Seven Springs event last year? If so, how were the autograph lines?
Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't mind (actually would kind of like) to get the autos on Curve cards if I could for the guys who have them. Either the team issue or even Just/Razor/etc.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
subject to change said:

Mark I went to the Seven Springs event 2 years ago and the lines were not bad at all and Maz was there so the lines should have been pretty long.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
James - If there's anything you'd want to get signed of Duke, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to try and get it signed. There is a special VIP section for season ticket holders, so I don't have to fight the long lines in the main autograph area, and getting multiples is usually pretty easy.

Austin - didn't even realize I typed that :lol:

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
subject to change said:
James - If there's anything you'd want to get signed of Duke, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to try and get it signed. There is a special VIP section for season ticket holders, so I don't have to fight the long lines in the main autograph area, and getting multiples is usually pretty easy.

Austin - didn't even realize I typed that :lol:

I have a ticket from the first game I saw Duke pitch at that I would LOVE to get signed!

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
We're getting close, with the Caravan kicking off the 24th at Seven Springs.

I'm planning on hitting the Seven Springs and Latrobe Caravan stops. Anybody else going to be going to any of the stops in their area?

By the way, still no Piratefest lineup. This is starting to get frustrating, since I'm trying to figure out how many items I will need. Last year I ended up running out of things to get signed for some guys by Friday night.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I know at least a few people had been very interested in the possibility of Andy Van Slyke being at Piratefest. His name has once again been removed from the Pirates promotional materials, which marks the third time he has been added and later removed since the initial press release came out in late December.

So who all plans on attending at some point over the weekend?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Mark I don't understand what is going on with Van Slyke popping up and going away repeatedly either. I am actually going to have to miss PirateFest again for the 2nd straight year because NBC changed the start time of the Pens Red Wings game on Sunday from 3 to 12:30. I took the day off thinking I could go to PirateFest in the morning then head to the Pens game but that will not happen now.

I am going to the Winter Caravan event in Uniontown on Monday to see McCutchen. I am very excited about that and I need to find something to get signed. I haven't decided on a OMLB or an 8x10.