Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Letter writing 2009 BDP and 2009 EEE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
so I have written a few comments on the boards about 2009 BDP and 2009 EEE. A few have been to Topps.
Example:

Dear Topps,

Thanks for the kick in the junk.

Sincerely

your former fans..

So in that spirit.. lets see who can write the best letter. Winner gets to wash Gilmore's Navigator...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I honestly wonder what the majority of the board would say about this product if JP and some others said how great it was, rather than speaking negatively about it.

It seems like the voice of a few can really change the opinion about a product BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT.

Just my opinion

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Dear Topps,

It is sad to think that one is better off losing his deposit of 200.00 rather then paying the other $450.00 for his case of 09BDP to be delivered.

Merry Christmas,

John Doe

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
haha.. but wait.. I love bowman products. I have a room full of them. The only "real" problem I have with BDP this year is the lack of strength of the players. EEE just seems so much stronger player wise. I guess Tate and Ackley were the real big two that push the product over. I was very disappointed to see Chad Jenkins not in BDP as he is a local kid..

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
ballerskrip said:
I honestly wonder what the majority of the board would say about this product if JP and some others said how great it was, rather than speaking negatively about it.

It seems like the voice of a few can really change the opinion about a product BEFORE IT EVEN COMES OUT.

Just my opinion

Welcome to the world, lol. Just replace "product" with anything.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ballerskrip said:

Just my opinion

Dear Matt,

While your flattery is always appreciated, you vastly overestimate both my importance to these boards and my influence on those who post on it.

Sincerely yours,

J.P.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
since i don't really bust wax, it's an easy choice for me...bdp. as an angels' fan/collector, i can honestly say 99% of my collecting budget will be going to the trout and grichuk autos from bcdp. the elite checklist is impressive and i like the fact that they chose to go on card with the autos. however, i am not a fan of the design and the lack of logos/licensing.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jaypers said:
ballerskrip said:

Just my opinion

Dear Matt,

While your flattery is always appreciated, you vastly overestimate both my importance to these boards and my influence on those who post on it.

Sincerely yours,

J.P.

It should be taken as flattery....

There are defnitely a group of people that have a great deal of influence. In my mind, that is reality. I wasn't trying to single you out by anymeans, people just know your name best ;)

skrip

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:

Just my opinion

Sheep.
eye_rolling_smiley.gif

sheep_off_cliff.jpg

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Justin,

Please mail said steak to my home, and topps will stick a RC label on it, as the steak will be making its debut...even though the steak was made last Feb or so..

Sincerely

Topps Meat Packing division and Rookie card fulfillment.

Jul 30, 2009
Dear Chromies

Heres the latest crap you all will go after soley because it says "Bowman Chrome" on the box.

Love, kisses and mylar

The Topps company

PS: Enjoy the Jeter "ass shot" WBC card

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Skrip, I understand what you are saying. Yes it is amazing how the voice of a chosen few can change the views of the hobby on these boards.

JP, I don't think it was a slap in your face. I think, check it, I KNOW you have influence over many folks on here whether you choose to believe it or not. Hell, when I first came to the old BMB, I quickly found out about you and your niche within the hobby and how many people listen to your thoughts and ideas. You are one of the few people that actually do a fair amount of research on the minor leaguers and prospects that come and go. And its this passion that makes me feel comfortable in listening to the discussions on here and taking a shot every now and then for that lanky so-so outfielder for the Pirates, or that lefty fireballer for the Cardinals.

I for one think its great that we've got people so knowledgeable about certain aspects of the hobby on these boards and THAT ARE WILLING to share some of that knowledge to us. Otherwise, I'd be a driveling idiot, aimlessly walking the hobby landscape.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Hey, it looks like Topps has been reading our boards.

I was just sent this email from one of their reps.

Dear FCB members,

We are sorry to hear that you are not excited about our product this year. Some were not happy about the auto checklist, while others felt the base cards were weak. As a result, we know some of you decided not to buy our product last year and purchased Razor instead.

How'd that work out for you?

Thought so. You will find an order form attached for this year's product. Thanks and we look forward to fulfilling your order of 2009 BDP.

Sincerely,
Topps

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Halonut said:
since i don't really bust wax, it's an easy choice for me...bdp. as an angels' fan/collector, i can honestly say 99% of my collecting budget will be going to the trout and grichuk autos from bcdp. the elite checklist is impressive and i like the fact that they chose to go on card with the autos. however, i am not a fan of the design and the lack of logos/licensing.
Same here! I'm really looking forward to getting some Trout's and Grichuk's!

Members online