Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Draft Deja Vu?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Anyone else feel that the thoughts/response (entire event) of the release of bowman draft is the same as last year. Everyone initially ragged the hell out of 08 bowman draft and claimed that it would fail with its horrible base set and lack of big names ala. Alonso, Alvarez, Beckham, etc. and claimed 07 BDP (previous year's draft) was so much better.

Now everyone is ragging on 09 and ragging on every little detail and claiming that 08 is so much better (after it was initally ragged on).

Obviously some key components are missing, but BOWMAN CHROME is still king and I feel we need to wait before totally calling this set a bust.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
darocker80 said:
Anyone else feel that the thoughts/response (entire event) of the release of bowman draft is the same as last year. Everyone initially ragged the hell out of 08 bowman draft and claimed that it would fail with its horrible base set and lack of big names ala. Alonso, Alvarez, Beckham, etc. and claimed 07 BDP (previous year's draft) was so much better.

Now everyone is ragging on 09 and ragging on every little detail and claiming that 08 is so much better (after it was initally ragged on).

Obviously some key components are missing, but BOWMAN CHROME is still king and I feel we need to wait before totally calling this set a bust.

I agree 100%. People were also HYPING 1008 Donruss Elite and were swayed by a good looking checklist, look at it now.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ballerskrip said:
darocker80 said:

I agree 100%. People we also HYPING Donruss Elite and were swayed by a good looking checklist, look at it now.
Thank you! DEEE does look promising, but look at the previous years. Their parallels cannot sell for ****...except the black 1/1s.

Ex: Dominic Brown 08 EEE auto was seling for 15-20, my friend picked up a /100 brown auto for 25-30.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
darocker80 said:

I agree 100%. People we also HYPING Donruss Elite and were swayed by a good looking checklist, look at it now.

Bowman Chrome got ragged on last year for its base C/L and rightfully so, it still sucks. This years is worse than that!

Bowman Chrome got praised last year for its auto checklist and rightfully so, this years isn't a shadow of last years.

Elite's CL looks far better and far deeper, its a superior product.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
ballerskrip said:
darocker80 said:

Bowman Chrome got ragged on last year for its base C/L and rightfully so, it still sucks. This years is worse than that!

Bowman Chrome got praised last year for its auto checklist and rightfully so, this years isn't a shadow of last years.

And oh by the way, the FG stuff that brought you some value in years past (Montero, Guerra, Joba etc.) thats out, we replaced it with WBC cards.

Seems like they are trying to make draft feel as much like '08 and '09 chrome as possible.

Elite's CL looks far better and far deeper, its a superior product.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I think it's well deserved. It sucks topps has the exclusive license and Panini isn't licensed. I'm getting tired of Bowman. I wouldn't mind Elite becoming king. I really like that set.

Jul 30, 2009
I have always been quick to defend most BC/BCDP checklists but 2009 BDP is crap.

Sure, it has very solid names in the auto CL........MINUS THE TOP 3 PLAYERS inlcuding the most hyped #1 pick in nearly two decades. So far, according to the polls on this very site, the avg. price of an auto will be $20 with only a handfull nearing $25 or so.

The base CL? Dud, just like last years.
Plus, theres no more Futures Game prospects to help out the base set. Instead we get the same old tired worn out WBC crap.

This product is geared towards Chromies/investors. Neither of which have any interest in WBC cards (with the exception of about 5 or so) so theres no reason they should be included, especially since they were in all the other BC brands and will also be in Bow Ster.

Theres also only ONE Yankee card and its Jeter. Not Slade, not other rounders. Just another DJ card in product he doesnt belong. Am I saying this because Im a Yankee fan? No, Im saying this because we all know what happens to cards of Yankee rookies when they "arrive", even if its Shelly Duncan/Erik Almonte/Kevin Maas/Shane Spencer etc.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
People, including me, were really looking forward to 2005 and 2006 bowman draft, and rightfully so, and I was completely satisfied with the checklists (except for the sotf cases).

Just because it's called a Mercedes doesn't mean it's a good car....

If exquisite basketball puts out a CRAP set (ie 2006-7), it doesn't hide the fact that it's CRAP.

I'm not buying any more of this product than I would 2009 topps updates and highlights jumbos.

Don't tell any of your friends to "invest" in cases of this product- they will be sorely disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts