Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My newest book arrived..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So some of you have seen the books I have been slowy picking up here and there.. Got home today and this was waiting for me..

mickey-whitey-book.jpg

From inside.. :D
mickey-whitey-auto.jpg

Here is a previous book I picked up..
my-turn-at-bat.jpg

and from inside..
ted-williams-auto.jpg

another book.. (I wish it was autographed)..
good2Balive.jpg

good2.jpg

and another..
redsox-encyclopedia.jpg

inside..
rico-petrocelli.jpg
pesky.jpg
doerr.jpg
purnell-malzone.jpg
coa-redsox.jpg

Enjoy..

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Nice "Whitey and Mickey", my brother had (maybe still has) a copy of that signed by Mantle at a show in the mid-eighties.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Thanks, when I go to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or other thrift store, I check out the books..

Once in awhile you can find a nice pickup..

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
Thanks, when I go to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or other thrift store, I check out the books..

Did you find all those at the goodwill/salvation army? I found that same Williams at the Salvation army for $2 a couple years back. Never thought I'd see someone else find the same thing.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Fandruw25 said:
Pinbreaker said:

Did you find all those at the goodwill/salvation army? I found that same Williams at the Salvation army for $2 a couple years back. Never thought I'd see someone else find the same thing.

I found it on EBAY.. didn't have a great title. but it's a first edition and auto'd.. :D

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Pinbreaker said:
Fandruw25 said:
Pinbreaker said:

I found it on EBAY.. didn't have a great title. but it's a first edition and auto'd.. :D

great looking books...i have been collecting tons of sports books and never thought to look in the front or back cover when i get them (i do when i start to read them obviously)...goodwill/salvation army is where i get most of mine too...congrats!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Nice pick-up, I'm a sucker for auto'd books myself. I have about 15 signed by HOFers (including that very Campanella).

I'm expecting a Whitey Herzog for Christmas...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Man, when I went to a used bookstore a couple years ago.. I almost busted a nut.

Keep in mind, I wasn't really using ebay at the time, so I didn't know what I was in store for...

but for one dollar a book, I got original

1977 Bill James Baseball Abstract
1978 Bill James Baseball Abstract
1979 Bill James Baseball Abstract
1980 Bill James Baseball Abstract.

Those were the money makers, and I grabbed all of the rest for ***** and giggles.

4 dollars magically became 1200. I almost shat myself.

Members online