Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

insanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I've paid well over 100 for the /3 parallels from 2006 Triple Threads of Sosa. I'd say Ripken and Arod both have bigger followings then Sosa.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
cubfan131 said:
I've paid well over 100 for the /3 parallels from 2006 Triple Threads of Sosa. I'd say Ripken and Arod both have bigger followings then Sosa.

when sosa was popular, so were simple jerseys...
they shouldn't even make a /3 with plain jerseys unless it is a Ruth! IMHO

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Anyone outside the hobby can say the same thing about any card, any year. Nothing wrong with this auction.

NYCrulesU said:
Ridiculous. Same junk produced every year, and every year people lap it up like it's so rare. :lol:

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
you would just think for a /3 they would put some decent patches...2 plain jerseys and a bat for $200+ is crazy.
It won't be worth $50 in a year.

$27 (oh, its #/36...wooo i like #/3 $200more)
!BglF0b!BWk~$(KGrHqMH-CkEsM!9fR+sBLFzeYWSug~~_12.jpg !BhgNQm!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0ErzNsMiv7BLJZzl6v2w~~_12.jpg

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
cubfan131 said:

Chipper has a few big player collectors as well. This is probably a bidding war between all 3 players top collectors.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
^^actually, two bidders bid up to over $200...besides those 2 the highest bid was $40....

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
NYCrulesU said:
Ridiculous. Same junk produced every year, and every year people lap it up like it's so rare. :lol:
Show me another Ripken/Rod/Jones /3. Of any product. ;)

Not a surprising sale at all.
Like thenumberonemetfan said, all 3 are highly collected. And it's /3.
Would I pay that much? No.
But not surprising.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
^^ I agree, not surprising...I see stupid stuff all the time...still a $50 card though

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
To you its worth fifty bucks, clearly you don't understand why someone else would pay more, thus the reason you started this thread. I don't understand why people pay for some cards (like prospects?!) either, but hey, there it is.

hofautos said:
^^ I agree, not surprising...I see stupid stuff all the time...still a $50 card though

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
To you its worth fifty bucks, clearly you don't understand why someone else would pay more, thus the reason you started this thread. I don't understand why people pay for some cards (like prospects?!) either, but hey, there it is.

hofautos said:

agreed, i think the mass majority of people that collect GU and DO have these players in their collection, that they would feel it is a crazy high price (including the inidividual that won a #/18 for $20), or were you saying you thought it was a fair price?

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Russ S. said:
NYCrulesU said:

But not surprising.

You know what I'm saying. It's the same garbage triple jersey /3, /7, /9, that is regurgitated every year. It falls under the analogy of Legendary Cuts. I search Joe Medwick and come up with several cuts from several different years all numbered /17, /67, /79 - or something like that. All that means to me is there are PLENTY of his cut autos out there and none are rare. I'm not naive enough to say "ewww, there's only 17 of that one!". Just as I am not naive enough to say "eww, there's only 3 of that triple jersey!". Actually, TTT best mirrors Donruss DK garbage. 100 1/1's. But I guess in some of your minds their all super valuable 1/1's huh? lol Ok. :lol: Too funny.

But if you guys want to keep buying Topps Triple Threads garbage, who am I to stop you. :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
NYCrulesU said:
Russ S. said:
NYCrulesU said:

But not surprising.

You know what I'm saying. It's the same garbage triple jersey /3, /7, /9, that is regurgitated every year. It falls under the analogy of Legendary Cuts. I search Joe Medwick and come up with several cuts from several different years all numbered /17, /67, /79 - or something like that. All that means to me is there are PLENTY of his cut autos out there and none are rare. I'm not naive enough to say "ewww, there's only 17 of that one!". Just as I am not naive enough to say "eww, there's only 3 of that triple jersey!". Actually, TTT best mirrors Donruss DK garbage. 100 1/1's. But I guess in some of your minds their all super valuable 1/1's huh? lol Ok. :lol: Too funny.

But if you guys want to keep buying Topps Triple Threads garbage, who am I to stop you. :lol:

I take it you don't collect anything and everything Raffy?

Not everyone collects the same. Some go after EVERYTHING. So if it's 25 different versions of the same card but with different #ing, then that is what we do. And add 2 more players to the mix.... forget about it.

One mans JUNK is another's treasure. The joys of player collecting.

I do agree though, being /3, it should have been a sweet patch version.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Russ S. said:
I do agree though, being /3, it should have been a sweet patch version.

That was my only point...the collectors are letting the manufacturers get away with on-card stickers, and now #/1 plain jerseys of current players...it's not even a unique design...same design as the #/36, #/18, etc...whatever...some think it is a fair deal...

Members online

Latest posts