Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sorting through my player lots....looking for suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
So I'm sorting through my player lots in preparation to list them in my Ebay store. I'm basically going through and removing cards from these lots that were produced between 1987-1995.

I figure that these cards aren't worth putting in the lots, as people who collect Jeff Bagwell probably already has his 1992 Donruss card, as an example. If I'm gonna have base cards of these players in the lots, I'd rather them be newer base.

Any suggestions as to what I should do with these 1987-1995 cards? The players range from Edmonds to Griffey, so there are some stars. I thought of either just giving them away or putting them on Craigslist or something.

Any suggestions?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Why not put them in. Player "lots" inevitably are going to have some junk and/or doubles.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I agree. When I'm buying a lot I don't usually look at all the cards in the lot when deciding to buy. If I need 1 or 2 main cards I'll usually go ahead and buy it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
two things...

keeping them "junk free" as you call them, is an amazing idea! i cannot tell you how many lots that
i pass on on eBay because the lot features '88 - '95 98% of the time.

secondly, whats your ebay store, i'll keep an eye out for the four fools that i collect.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
ThoseBackPages said:
two things...

keeping them "junk free" as you call them, is an amazing idea! i cannot tell you how many lots that
i pass on on eBay because the lot features '88 - '95 98% of the time.

secondly, whats your ebay store, i'll keep an eye out for the four fools that i collect.

That's exactly why I want to remove these cards. I figured I'd get a better response if the buyer knows there is no chance of getting a 1988 Donruss card.

Here's a link to my store. I'm still quite a bit away from having these lots listed, but feel free to check back often. ;)

http://stores.ebay.com/Jeffs-Sports-Cards-and-Hobby-Shop_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
And there still may be a few 1988-1995 cards, depending on the player. I'm keeping the rarer and more popular inserts and some of the more "premium" brands in there.

Members online

Latest posts