Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bo Jackson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

For all who Know "Bo Knows", this is my start of a Bo Jackson thread. I'm always looking for Bo Jackson cards I don't have. I have most, if not all, of the older Name-brand cards. I am looking for the newer cards I don't have and any oddball cards I don't have. Thanks for any help you can give. Currently, I am trying to get as many 2005 Studio Portraits cards of Bo as I can (for a reasonable price or trade -- See my 2005 Studio Portraits thread also). I also really like the serial number cards and may be interested in buying/trading for extra's if it's one I want.

Any other Bo collectors out there, please chime in with your have/want lists. I'm sure that I have more "spare" Bo Jackson ards than ANYONE! I'm also sure that I have one of the best Bo Jackson collection in existence (there is one that's more complete than mine (#1/1's, etc), but I believe mine is "better").

Let's trade!

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I recently pulled this and don't collect Mr. Jackson:
JacksonAuto.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1995 Stadium Club Super Team World Series #2 Bo Jackson

1991 ballstreet (whole page) #11

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Bo Jackson was my guy when I was a kid. I still have all those cards from back then including a ton of oddball stuff. I've also got an autographed ball. Eventually I want to pick up a certified auto card of Bo, so I'm definately going to have to keep track of this thread if people keep posting in it with cool stuff.

Anything in particular you'd like me to scan? As for Bo's autograph, I'd be picky if I was just buying one for my PC. His auto varies a lot lately and most are what I'd even consider Ugly -- especially the "B" in "Bo". Many of his older autographed cards have nicer autographs. Most of the Sweet Spots were nice auto's also. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll borrow my daughter's scanner. I may even have an "extra" Bo auto. I'd have to look at my spreadsheet to see.

Bo Jackson collector thread

I know I'm not the only one out there who collects Bo Jackson. There are at least a few of us faithful Go Bo Go fans. Who knows, maybe another fan will remember the fun of watching him and join in this thread.

To get it started, I'll quote a little from my website:

Why collect Bo Jackson?

I consider Bo Jackson to be one of the greatest athletes of all time, both collegiate and professional. Furthermore, I consider him THE greatest dual sport (Football & Baseball) athlete of all time (Deion who?). Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a devastating injury. Who knows how many records Bo would've broken. There are only a handful of people seriously collect Bo Jackson memorabilia. Why others collect him I can't say, but I attended Auburn University from 1982-1986 with Bo (and Sir Charles, and the Big Hurt). I was able to shake his hand several times before and after football games on the concourse at Auburn, but I had never collected sports memorabilia so (regrettfully) I never got anything autographed during that time (Hindsight's 20/20, huh?). After I graduated, Bo's cards were too expensive for my newlywed budget so I just watched his performances and dreamed of one day collecting his memorabilia.

I have since been able to start collecting his cards (Oct 2002) and even got his autograph (in person) in my 1986 Auburn Yearbook and on a serial (jersey) numbered Football card (2001 Fleer Legacy 3rd Quarter #34/50!). My only regrets about getting his autograph is not being able to talk to him (i.e., short conversation) and not bringing my own Sharpee. Since retiring from the AF, I'm back at a limited budget, but if I really want it, I'll get it. ;)

One day, when I can afford it, I'd also like to have a Bo Jackson Bat, Glove, Helmet, Hats, Jerseys (from various teams), and other memorabilia (all autographed of course). For now, I am concentrating on collecting his sports cards.

Eventually, I'll scan in some of the cards I have, but for now, does anyone else want to join?

Also, if anyone is missing a BO card in your set, I'm certain that (with the possible exception of the past 2-3 years), I have more "extra" Bo cards than anyone. I'll at least dig through my boxes to see what I have, but it may take me a few days, so be patient.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I have all of the base/common Bo cards. But, thanks anyway.

GO BO GO! And Waaaaaaaar Eagle!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Re: Bo Jackson collector thread

I don't really have anything notable of Bo, but I do have this card from a SLU I own of him. I'm a White Sox fan, so I picked it up at a show when I was younger, back when SLUs were still going for decent money.

591startinglineup.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts