Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

tyler clippard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
anyone have any thoughts on this guy good or bad?
picked up the superfractor yesterday, trying to decide if
it is even worth 10.00 anymore :)

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
He's a pitcher for the Nats, and it seems like they always need help in that (along with every other) department. If he is going to do anything, he should definitely get the chance in DC. I picked up his Heritage black ref back in 05 for about $10, then ended up selling it along with a good chunk of other blacks later on that year. When he got hot, I was kicking myself, and I picked up another one. Paid a little more for my second one than the first, but thankfully I didn't pay crazy Yankee prospect prices.

Which super did you pick up?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
mudflap02 said:
He's a pitcher for the Nats, and it seems like they always need help in that (along with every other) department. If he is going to do anything, he should definitely get the chance in DC. I picked up his Heritage black ref back in 05 for about $10, then ended up selling it along with a good chunk of other blacks later on that year. When he got hot, I was kicking myself, and I picked up another one. Paid a little more for my second one than the first, but thankfully I didn't pay crazy Yankee prospect prices.

Which super did you pick up?

hmmm, thought it was 07 draft?
what other chrome did he have?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I know he had cards in 07 chrome as well as 07 draft. I just took a look at completed auctions and I can't believe how far his stuff has fallen. A true 1/1 exquisite rookie auto for $10 and a BGS 9.5 orange ref for $6. I am collecting the wrong stuff. I could be putting together a nice Clippard collection at those prices. I guess the unwashed masses know something about his future that we don't.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
if you paid 10 i will give you 15

but seriously is it fs/ft

not shure whats its worth but he seems like he could be a decent middle/long reliver for the nats. i kind of like him, he was one of a few good pitchers in the bullpen

Jul 30, 2009
Tyler Clippard....wow did I do well on him years ago.

He only has 2 rookie cards and it isnt BC. Its 2005 Hertiage and Gallery.

He was always under the radar, way under it when he was with the YAnkees. Kind of like hidden behind the Hughes wall at that point.

I must have had about 20 of his Heritage which I bought between a dime and maybe 75 cents per. Plus his Gallery which booked insane because it was a SP. Made out really nice on those.

My favorite auction description of all time? "If you missed the boat on Hughes, nows the time to get on board the Yankee CLIPPARD"

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Clippard pitched very well out of the bullpen last year. I watched several games where he came into the game and shut down a rally. Whether he stays in the pen or gets another chance to be a starter (more hobby love), I have no idea as I don't really follow the Nats that closely. I would think a superfractor of ANY active major leaguer is worth 10 bucks though. His rookie cards are really cheap right now and might be a good pickup for anyone interested.

(not available)
TClippard.jpg

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I literally have maybe a hundred or so chrome draft green bordered cards of his as well as some base draft and maybe 20 or so golds. Wow, almost forgot about him.

Ant

Jul 30, 2009
Maybe its the scan, but that PSA 10 looks like a reg card.

Arent the PP cards refractors on a thick stock?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
mudflap02 said:
I picked up his Heritage black ref back in 05 for about $10

Found the regular ref in a dollar bin at a local shop.

Sold it for $25 a couple days later.

Now, I would suspect a bullpen role with the possibility of getting a #4-5 starter job if everyone else sucks really bad

chisox1917

Oct 21, 2009
And all of a sudden there appears to be a Tyler Clippard market again! Haha, I met him - he was a really nice guy, never picked up a card of his. If anyone is looking to dump an auto and the previously mentioned members don't want, give me a PM and we could maybe work something out :).

Members online