Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

our new blogging system needs your help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
What is FCB?

What does FCB offer over any other sports card related site?

What services does FCB offer me as a collector/casual hobbyist?

Are there any fees associated with being on FCB?

Where can I interact with other FCB members on the site?

Are there any rules/regulations regarding being on the site?

Who do I contact if I need help browsing the site/interacting with other members?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I would also highlight the trading posts and especially the feedback system, which seems to be much better than similar ones on other sites.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Page Generated in 10.9882 seconds

that's a problem, as you said.

What CMS are you using for the mainsite and the blog?

You definitely need to implement a caching system. Obviously not for the boards, but the two "blogs" would benefit from it greatly.

Maybe you're using one, who knows.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
On the left where it says 'Advertize with FCB' shouldn't that be advertise?

Not a big deal, just pointing it out since that deals directly with sponsorship.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Fandruw25 said:

Not a big deal, just pointing it out since that deals directly with sponsorship.

good catch

and pigskincardboard, I am moving to the mysql driven wordpress away from a now defunct development called simple php blog.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
cgilmo said:
Fandruw25 said:

good catch

and pigskincardboard, I am moving to the mysql driven wordpress away from a now defunct development called simple php blog.

Were you using wp-super-cache? or whatever they called it. For the most part, it seems like like it does a dandy job serving html/php rather than querying the db.

Out of curiousity, what db calls are you running outside of the basic ones? I also don't know if pagination speeds up the DB calls -- I can only assume it will.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
pigskincardboard said:
cgilmo said:
Fandruw25 said:

good catch

Were you using wp-super-cache? or whatever they called it. For the most part, it seems like like it does a dandy job serving html/php rather than querying the db.

Out of curiousity, what db calls are you running outside of the basic ones? I also don't know if pagination speeds up the DB calls -- I can only assume it will.

you are thinking too hard

the out of the box version works just fine, and will do just fine with little to no heavy alteration.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
cgilmo said:
pigskincardboard said:
cgilmo said:
Fandruw25 said:

good catch

you are thinking too hard

the out of the box version works just fine, and will do just fine with little to no heavy alteration.

Well yah, but saving time by telling wordpress to just execute and cache the results of the php and database calls, will save even low-traffic websites time.

I thought you were having speed issues and figured I'd go with the standard recommendation.

Members online

Latest posts