Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got my Koufax painting in, let me know what you think!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
From Absolon at moreauart.com. Very pleased with how it looks. Of course the painting is far larger (16x20) than the scan, but I hope it shows some of the detail.

His email address is: [email protected] if anyone wants to contact him.

KoufaxPainting-1.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Got my Koufax painting in from moreauart.com

That's awesome. Is that from the dude who some member on here represents or is in contact with or whatever? Or is it from a completely different place?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Weimer said:
That's awesome. Is that from the dude who some member on here represents or is in contact with or whatever? Or is it from a completely different place?
Yup, that's the guy.

rob167 said:
very nice piece!!! mind sharing the purchase price?
$80. Seemed like a really good deal to me.

trademhigh said:
Only took the guy 3 years.
The delay was partially my doing related to payment. Regardless, I'd wait for a better quality piece rather than push for a rush job.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Jared said:
That is one sweet piece!

Thanks!!

A little bump action for the Sunday morning crowd.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
I actually just had him do a Jackie Robinson painting that he did in a really timely fashion. We'll see how long it takes to get to me, but for that price, you cant really beat it.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:
I actually just had him do a Jackie Robinson painting that he did in a really timely fashion. We'll see how long it takes to get to me, but for that price, you cant really beat it.
Do you have a scan? I'd love to see it.

I added his email to the first post.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
80 dollars is an absolutely insane price.

Action shots of baseball pitchers are just stupid hard. You can have a reference photo and paint it perfectly, but it'll still look like a different player.

It's really tough to make a grunting and groaning Sandy Koufax that's throwing a pitch look like the Sandy Koufax that everyone recognizes.

Also, his shoes are impeccable.

You wanna learn how to paint, start with baseball cleats (shoes) and hands. If you can paint those two things, you can paint anything.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys. I was extremely impressed with how accurate Koufax's facial expressions are, as well as with the details in the pants, jersey and shoes.

I'd be remissed if I did not say that anyone who really likes it can contact the painter and commission him to paint whoever they want.

Jan 15, 2009
Topnotchsy said:
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:

Here is a scan of it:
0412.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Topnotchsy said:
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:

Here is a scan of it:
0412.jpg
The dirt on that picture looks awesome!! Great job for an action shot.

Jan 15, 2009
Topnotchsy said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Topnotchsy said:
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:

Here is a scan of it:
0412.jpg
The dirt on that picture looks awesome!! Great job for an action shot.
Ya it looks hella sick in person!

P.S. I mail his things out for him.

Latest posts