Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone listing today for 7 days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I'm thinking of listing some stuff but my question is that is there "any" money left after Christmas for people to spend?? IE...is it worth it or should I wait until January?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
I'd wait until January too. Good luck if you do it now.
196217268_1703431390_AMC-MP-Starsky.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
69MetsFan said:
Right now, it's a buyers market. I'd wait until January. Don't forget to get a receipt from Goodwill. ;)
Get one, but if your not really itemize line by line you can say you gave a few hundred and don't really need the receipt.
But if your every audited then you will need and evidence of why you said you gave what you deducted.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Some people will be getting EBAY gift certicates and money for Christmas. Might be an opportunity

I personally am waiting until the next round of EBUCKS are released

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I've had pretty good luck ending auctions around christmas. Some people still receive cash as gifts or new computers and are looking to spend. A couple of years ago I accidently had several end on christmas. One card that had a BV of $120(I know that doesn't matter) ended up selling a little over $360 as well as several other cards that sold over normal ending prices. I wouldn't recommend it as I was probably real lucky but as for ending auctions next sunday I would do it. You might get lucky.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I know I have some stuff to sell (I don't sell much at all) and was wondering if right after xmas would be good since a lot of people will be getting some money to spend as gifts. I know I'll have a little more to spend on myself and plan on picking some things up.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, I'm be listing stuff tonight, and likely stuff on Tuesday for 5-days. Or is that pushing it?

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
i'm listing, but nothing majorly high end...more like clearing out some inventory (ex., bulk ref lots, heritage high #s, maybe some huge gu/au lots, etc.). my reasoning-

i doubt these lots would go wildly insane $ wise in jan...it's not like we're talking a '52 mantle LOL

plenty of people have cash now + will be online b/c they aren't going out of town, are bored/drunk after xmas, or don't celebrate xmas

plenty of people don't celebrate xmas or aren't going out of town

w/sniping + cell phone bidding, i don't think holidays matte as much in terms of results as they used to

i've done pretty well listing things on holidays b/c it seems like many sellers 'take off', so i get more bidders. card collectors= addicted 24/7/365 :)

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
You make some great points

rainmanesq said:
i'm listing, but nothing majorly high end...more like clearing out some inventory (ex., bulk ref lots, heritage high #s, maybe some huge gu/au lots, etc.). my reasoning-

i doubt these lots would go wildly insane $ wise in jan...it's not like we're talking a '52 mantle LOL

plenty of people have cash now + will be online b/c they aren't going out of town, are bored/drunk after xmas, or don't celebrate xmas

plenty of people don't celebrate xmas or aren't going out of town

w/sniping + cell phone bidding, i don't think holidays matte as much in terms of results as they used to

i've done pretty well listing things on holidays b/c it seems like many sellers 'take off', so i get more bidders. card collectors= addicted 24/7/365 :)

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
It looks like those who lsited are getting rewarded. I am seeing some pretty decent sells happening tonight. I am getting out bid on everything

Members online

Latest posts