Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1988 Kenner Starting Lineup cards, UNISSUED.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I have read the description in the Big Beckett about these cards and was wondering if anyone has any or know of any print runs?
Lee Smith is included in the set which is my main reason for asking.

Also, does anyone know someone that collects only the cards rather than the figurines?
I need the 1989 Lee Smith card.

Thanks,
Keith.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
'88s

1988KennerStartingLineupCard.jpg
1988StartingLineupAll-Stars.jpg

Just know I have them. ;)

cvn66

Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, Wa
I would be curious to see if the cards were actually printed. I have long wondered this - they were on the checklist (which is probably why beckett lists them) but I have never seen either the figure or the cards from the unissueds. I suspect one of two things happened - the unissued players managed to get pulled from the lineup before production started or Kenner started producing the figures, the players were traded and they decided to pull them early on and either destroyed them or they are sitting in a warehouse somewhere long forgotten.

2wrigley

Aug 7, 2008
I can confirm that the Lee Smith exists and I believe the rest of the 'unissued' ones do as well. Sorry these are pics instead of scans. And sorry I don't I don't have an extra of the Smith, Keith. But I have seen at least one other on eBay in the last couple of years, so they do pop up every now and then!

Robert

Front
LeeSmith88SLUFront.jpg
Back
LeeSmith88SLUBack.jpg

Members online

Latest posts