Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Bio for the first 5 8x10 Photo Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Ever stop to realize just how boring the back of 8x10 photos are? Well, here's a way to spruce up all that white space...custom bios!

Here's a "fast draft" sample of what I've been working on for my own 8x10 collection (130 and growing):
sample.jpg

For the actual bio, I'd send you an uncompressed image. Simply print the image on an 8.5" x 11" paper of your choice (parchment/antique looks sharp), trim off the black border, and voila! A perfect complement to your unframed photo.

Of course, these are for personal use only (at least until I can get MLBs permission to use their logos...fat chance), but I welcome any thoughts/comments on how to improve on the design. Basically, I was trying to pack as much stats/info as possible without getting into a narrative on the player's life/career.

There's actually room to add their all-time rank for each of the categories, but I then realized how often most of those figures would become outdated. At least I thought it would be cool!

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Chris

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
That's a pretty neat idea. The only thing is that this wouldn't work for current players because then you would have to keep updating it.

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
i really like that idea...the sample looks good...i thought about putting something like this together for kenny lofton but never got around to it...this sample looks better than anything i would have come up with...good work! (if you wouldnt mind doing one for me for kenny lofton that would be a great add for my collection!!)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Very cool.
I'd love a Charlie "The Mechanical Man" Gehringer to go with my Gehringer collection if you have time.
Thanks!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Austin said:
Very cool.
I'd love a Charlie "The Mechanical Man" Gehringer to go with my Gehringer collection if you have time.
Thanks!
Wow, I didn't know we had a Gehringer collector on the boards! :)

If I collected any one non-Red Sox player...it would be him.

gehringerpbautofront.jpggehringerpbautoback.jpg

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Sounds good, folks! Lofton/Slaughter/Gehringer/Henderson will be ready shortly after the holiday.

I also got a PM to do one for Ricky Watters (NFL). Those 5 ought to keep me busy for now. Thanks for the interest.

Chris

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Looks nice. You can buy full letter-sized sheets of crack-n-peel at a paper store that will print on inkjet and laser printers, and that would make them a big sticker that would be easy to attach to the photo.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I've decided to just post the pdf file for these players in this thread. Anyone interested in Lofton/Henderson/Gehringer/Slaughter are welcome to print them out.

Working on Lofton now. Should have that one available soon!

Members online

Latest posts