Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New updates for CollectorRevolution.com + question for users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
We've made a couple of updates to the site. Those who were asking for a bulk uploader, your questions have been answered. The bulk uploader can be accessed from the sell item page or here: http://www.collectorrevolution.com/account/bulkupload. You can also now add images from a photobucket account by using this link: http://www.collectorrevolution.com/account/bulklist.

We are currently working on the combined invoicing, bulk delete and bulk relist functions as well as making the thumbnails on the search pages enlarge when rolled over with your mouse (thanks to the suggestion from TBP).

Keep the suggestions coming so I can keep our programmer busy.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Re: New updates for CollectorRevolution.com

The site keeps getting better and better

JVC said:
We've made a couple of updates to the site. Those who were asking for a bulk uploader, your questions have been answered. The bulk uploader can be accessed from the sell item page or here: http://www.collectorrevolution.com/account/bulkupload. You can also now add images from a photobucket account by using this link: http://www.collectorrevolution.com/account/bulklist.

We are currently working on the combined invoicing, bulk delete and bulk relist functions as well as making the thumbnails on the search pages enlarge when rolled over with your mouse (thanks to the suggestion from TBP).

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

JVC said:

The bulklist thing is amazing. Now i can list all my lower level cards quickly. Has a decision been made as to if u will charge to list items for under $5?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

mredsox89 said:
JVC said:

The bulklist thing is amazing. Now i can list all my lower level cards quickly. Has a decision been made as to if u will charge to list items for under $5?

Items listed for under $5 will always be free. We're not going to try and gouge you for cheap stuff. IMO, that stuff should be free on all sites since it ends up costing more to ship the item than it ends up selling for.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

sites looking great Jeff. Im still having problems seeing scans "larger" as to see the subs.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I've been playing around with an idea for the site and wanted to get some feedback on it. As a seller, would you be open to receiving trade offers for your cards that you have listed on the site in addition to cash offers? These offers would show up just like cash offers but would contain a card or list of cards that the buyer is willing to trade for the item listed. Thoughts?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

ThoseBackPages said:
sites looking great Jeff. Im still having problems seeing scans "larger" as to see the subs.

Hmm, that's strange. What happens when you click the "view larger image" link? Does it not show up at all or does it show up as blank? Also what browser and version are you using?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Hmm, that's strange. What happens when you click the "view larger image" link? Does it not show up at all or does it show up as blank? Also what browser and version are you using?

im using the lastest FF. the "bigger" window opens, but then the box scroll just keeps on scrollin' lol

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

ThoseBackPages said:
JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:

im using the lastest FF. the "bigger" window opens, but then the box scroll just keeps on scrollin' lol

Ah, hmmm. I'll get this fixed.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts

JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:
JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:

It's been happening for me, too, with Firefox.
But hey, finally made my first sale today. Woo!

Also, I declined an offer, and was going to send a message to the person that offered, but once I declined it, I had no way to contact. I couldn't find a "search by user" option. Did I miss something?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

bungle77 said:
JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:
JVC said:
ThoseBackPages said:

It's been happening for me, too, with Firefox.
But hey, finally made my first sale today. Woo!

Also, I declined an offer, and was going to send a message to the person that offered, but once I declined it, I had no way to contact. I couldn't find a "search by user" option. Did I miss something?

Yup, the advanced search function works for searching for users.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

ThoseBackPages said:

Got this fixed for ya TBP. Also still looking for input on the trade offers idea.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
JVC said:
I've been playing around with an idea for the site and wanted to get some feedback on it. As a seller, would you be open to receiving trade offers for your cards that you have listed on the site in addition to cash offers? These offers would show up just like cash offers but would contain a card or list of cards that the buyer is willing to trade for the item listed. Thoughts?

I don't see how that could hurt except it could lead to major lowballing.

If it were an option that you could choose to accept trades than it sounds like a great idea (sellers option)

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Johan Santana #57 said:
JVC said:

If it were an option that you could choose to accept trades than it sounds like a great idea (sellers option)

+1 (TOTALLY AGREE that it should be an option for the seller to choose that they will accept offer's or cash only, because although this may seem like a good idea you do not want the site to be overrun by trader's only & then the people only wanting to "sell" will leave). Don't get me wrong as I think it is a great idea to have the option, but make it an option chosen by the seller. Kudos for the creative idea & for the site overall! :D I did some searching yesterday for card's to see what kinda stuff is on the site & I think there really needs to be more multisport stuff (I couldn't find any Texans stuff- Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Mario Williams, Dunte Robinson, Steve Slaton, & several other's I listed individually; as well as not many Astros- a few here & there). I just think there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting seller's so that this site doesn't lose it's aura & turn stale to the buyer's- which is ultimately what you're trying to attract. (not a knock in anyway to the site as I am backing this puppy 100% because I hope it can eventually compete with Ebay for "the" place to buy & sell my sportscard's)! Keep up the good work & sorry for the novel! :lol:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I have two more suggestions:

As a seller, the only option when receiving an offer is accept or decline. Can a "message" and/or "counter-offer" be added?

Also, it'd be handy to be able to keyword search your own listings. Not too big of a deal--a word search would be more efficient than scrolling through everything.

Thanks!

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
rico08 said:
I have two more suggestions:

As a seller, the only option when receiving an offer is accept or decline. Can a "message" and/or "counter-offer" be added?

Also, it'd be handy to be able to keyword search your own listings. Not too big of a deal--a word search would be more efficient than scrolling through everything.

Thanks!

All very doable. We'll get to work on this stuff.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
JVC said:

+1 (TOTALLY AGREE that it should be an option for the seller to choose that they will accept offer's or cash only, because although this may seem like a good idea you do not want the site to be overrun by trader's only & then the people only wanting to "sell" will leave). Don't get me wrong as I think it is a great idea to have the option, but make it an option chosen by the seller. Kudos for the creative idea & for the site overall! :D I did some searching yesterday for card's to see what kinda stuff is on the site & I think there really needs to be more multisport stuff (I couldn't find any Texans stuff- Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, Mario Williams, Dunte Robinson, Steve Slaton, & several other's I listed individually; as well as not many Astros- a few here & there). I just think there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting seller's so that this site doesn't lose it's aura & turn stale to the buyer's- which is ultimately what you're trying to attract. (not a knock in anyway to the site as I am backing this puppy 100% because I hope it can eventually compete with Ebay for "the" place to buy & sell my sportscard's)! Keep up the good work & sorry for the novel! :lol:

The idea behind the trade offers option is that when you are dealing with other collectors (be it at a card show or online) there is always the option to trade or do a trade and cash deal. This would facilitate such an idea. Sounds like people want this to be optional which is probably the best idea.

We're going to be doing some heavy recruiting as far as getting sellers on the site in the next couple weeks. I have invitations and letters going out to hundreds of card shops and dealers across the country to try and get more inventory on the site. Thanks for all of your continued support guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts